Please wear your orange....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the guy that wears orange even months after the season, while grocery “hunting”

onpoint!

Established Member
Live near a WMA, last week watched hunters parade through one after another, with the majority wearing a sliver of orange or not at all. I was surprised that ignorance was that prevalent. Seems we could fund a nice initiative for habitat by focusing an enforcement blitz on safety compliance.
A fair number of groups had both rifles/shotgunners in the party so there'd potentially be longer distance and short-range shooting. We try to stay out of the upper level of the house as much as possible during deer season days; if they don't care about avoiding each other, they probably don't consider distant buildings in the target line, either.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know how to get access to find out what violations the game wardens gave out? Be interesting to find out if they been catching people in the field that are not in compliance with the required wearing orange.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know how to get access to find out what violations the game wardens gave out? Be interesting to find out if they been catching people in the field that are not in compliance with the required wearing orange.

Last year that report came out in February in the ND outdoors magazine. I would guess that this year's report will come out in February 19.

Here's the link for 2017 if you want to browse it.

https://gf.nd.gov/magazine/2018/feb/2017-enforcement-review

Last edited:

GOLFER

I grew up on a farm 50 years ago and my Dad shut down all farming activities, usually moving haystacks or bales, the first weekend of deer hunting. He didn't think being out in the field was safe.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year that report came out in February in the ND outdoors magazine. I would guess that this year's report will come out in February 19.

Here's the link for 2017 if you want to browse it.

https://gf.nd.gov/magazine/2018/feb/2017-enforcement-review

Thanks!

Interesting findings...whats up with Ramsey county get the most citations??? And Williams county a close second..yikes.

Gee people....put your license in the wallet
Hunting/fishing/trapping without proper license235
Failure to carry license on person334

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be in favor of a law requiring blaze orange for pheasant hunting... similar to the deer hunting regulations.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kinda shocked on the fine for not wearing orange. $25. Some people must figure there life is worth that.:;:huh

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I grew up on a farm 50 years ago and my Dad shut down all farming activities, usually moving haystacks or bales, the first weekend of deer hunting. He didn't think being out in the field was safe.

Gotta admit; i miss the days of it sounding like WW2 on the ol plains. (The days of wizzes of bullets can stay there though..)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bow hunters are back in orange this weekend or the 900 state wide muzzy hunters will thin them out.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rut2much, lots of close calls Deer hunting back in the late 60's and the early 70's, still don't hunt with some of the people I hunted with, still remember hugging the dirt waiting for the shooting to stop

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
E^^^^^^ while that sucks I can also understand why - pretty tough to see all the orange in the back. Also the reason why I bought an orange covering for my pack if I am using it during a rifle season.

with that said - I wonder why there aren’t more violations regarding people using the “Camo” orange?

Right from their q&a
Is camouflage blaze orange acceptable for the deer gun season? No. You must wear both a hat and outer garment above the waistline totaling at least 400 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange

yet I have seen quite a few pictures of people wearing the Camo orange.

- - - Updated - - -

Bow hunters are back in orange this weekend or the 900 state wide muzzy hunters will thin them out.

Bow hunters do not need to wear orange during muzzleloader season. Is it a good idea to wear it - yes especially if public land.

says that in the regulations and also in their q&a

I hunt with a bow. When do I have to wear orange? During the regular deer gun season you must wear orange. During the muzzleloader season, however, bowhunters do not need to wear orange.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m not buying an orange pack for just rifle hunting. That’s the dumbest ticket I’ve heard of recently. I got checked last year when I got back to my pickup. Had orange vest and hat on and a camo badlands pack. Never said anything and I didn’t expect him too

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33