Power Loading - Bunk Trailer

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I won't invest into a drotto yet, but I do as Bfishin says. Get the bunks completely wet, then pull out to expose bunks however far you feel. On calm days i'll only expose about 6" of my bunks, on a heavy side wind day i'll expose up to 3' so my ass end isn't kicking out as I pull it out of the water.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
no, it's spring loaded so it goes back to the same position, I am not even sure how you would get it to latch without sticking something in and pushing on the latch ie. screwdriver. it will pinch your finger if you try, because i tried after i read someone saying they had the issue.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rusty you haven't had any issues with the Drotto coming loose/not fitting correctly/breaking so far? Read just a couple reviews from folks that had problems...but maybe there were other issues for them or they ordered wrong size? Don't need the additional roller for us with deep Vs right?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
One note about the drotto's i have not had it happen to me but heard stories of other people using them... don't mess with another guys drotto at the ramp because you're curious, you can close the latch and the guy will just bang into it when he tries to load his boat... i am going to be taking the handle off mine and leaving it in the truck when I'm on the water

Just installed one on my boat after hearing glowing reviews from everyone I talked to. Excited to see it in action. A side note is I don’t understand why someone would touch another guys latch when they don’t know how to use it or how it works. People are dumb

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just installed one on my boat after hearing glowing reviews from everyone I talked to. Excited to see it in action. A side note is I don’t understand why someone would touch another guys latch when they don’t know how to use it or how it works. People are dumb

Twitch...you order yours directly from Drotto? I found them for sale on Amazon as well...just curious.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought it from Dakota tackle....it was cheaper than scheels by about $40 bucks

Coldfront

Established Member
Don't wait, get the Drotto, you won't be sorry! This will be my second year on mine. If money is a problem I would give up beer first before the Drotto!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 78
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31