Prayers needed

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ after reading your last post I will have to admit it brought tears to my eyes. You and your wife have a very special bond that is unbreakable. My family and I are sending prayers and good wishes on a speedy recovery. Just knowing that you are unable to be with her hurts. If you wouldn't mind I believe if you would post the hospitals address a lot of us on this site would like to send her a card to maybe brighten her day. Prayers again

Agreed sd,its heart breaking reading what BBJ is going thru,few of us have a true "soul mate" which BBJ truely has... kind words.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am praying for Brenda, get well soon. Sending warm wishes, prayers, and healing from our heavenly Father. May the words of Friends reassure you in kindness as they speak. GOD BLESS.

Wetaline

BBJ, We've all had this terrible disease impact our lives with either family or friends and when it has, we've reached out to those who care, to receive the power of prayer....now it's your turn. Here is a little bit on the Saint who is prayed to for Cancer. St. Peregrine was known for his holiness but also for a miraculous healing that he received. He was scheduled to have his leg amputated because of a cancerous growth. The night before the surgery, he prayed for healing, received a vision of Christ coming down from the cross to touch his leg and was completely healed. You will find that the daily St. Peregrine prayer is good for the soul as you need the strength right now just as much as Brenda does. God Bless.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sincere prayers BBJ, for you and your wife. Not just for things to turn out the way YOU want, but to have peace - knowing that the Lord holds you and your loved one, in the palm of His hand.

I'm pretty misty-eyed right now, after reading all of these. A bunch of gruff crusty guys, sending their thoughts to a brother who's down.

I like it.

God Bless.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Humbling is all i can say about receiving your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement.
Will update later as i finally got my bride home but she is awful tired, nauceous, and in pain but happy to be home.
More tests to come and most if not all, will be out-patient we were told.
Will be lots of road miles from here down to Phoenix and back. Just thankful Mayo is in Phoenix.
Thanks all.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, late to the thread BBj but I just know if Brenda comes from the same tough fightin' sob thread you seem to come from (have read and taken in all your injuries over the years) that she's guna be just fine! We're all here for ya both no matter the news. Prayers with both ya!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ and Brenda praying God grants you the strength to get through this. Also praying that the medical staff working with her has the knowledge and expertise to get her on the fast road to recovery.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ, all the best from Wifey and I - prayers are always on your way.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope the two of you are having a good night and she is resting comfort.
Morning comes with a new outlook and hope for the future.
A big step in just being together and all that comes with that. db

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I'm late on this. Breaks my heart that you couldn't be together, but I'm glad to hear that she's home. Praying for you!

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to hear she was able to come home so you can fight this together, prayers sent.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Got to bring Brenda home on Valentine's night late. Best gift ever for Valentine's Day other than a gift of all cured, and hopefully that will come in the future.
Still haven't gotten an update from the biopsies but pretty much know that by what we have been told earlier.
Her Mri brain scan, PET scan, and Pulmonary Function test will be March 15th, and hopefully all 3 the same day as it is scheduled. That is IF she can tolerate all 3 in one day. She has to have a Virus test on March 13th 48 hours before the scans. If she cannot complete all 3 tests in the same day, she will have to have another Virus test before they can do the uncompleted scans.
She is tired and tires very easily, even from just talking on the phone. Lots of calls and texts from people wishing her well. I limit her calls and also limit the time per each call, trying to keep her mood and strength up.
Her pain is getting better somewhat but if she does anything much at all or gets too tired it flares right back up. She got some much needed rest yesterday (16th) and is sleeping a little better at night. Still not much of an appetite and her nausea has gotten a little better too but still flares up and of course nothing good happens when nauseated.
I ordered her some chewables on Amazon, that are supposed to be great for nausea, air and sea sickness, and nausea from pregnancy. DB you might want to get your bride some of these, being you put her with child again, LOL ;:;rofl

Once again thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, emails, texts, PM's, and all the offers for help and assistance. My bride breaks down with tears when i tell her about all of you and your well wishes! She says there are others out there in much worse shape than me, that need help. I say to her, Green Eyes they are praying for you and wishing you well as they are great people and ones that we can call, our dear friends. She is always more concerned with others needs than her own. God I truly love this woman!
Until next time.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93