Property taxes

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hawaii is number one and has the lowest rate if you can believe that. lol ok

here’s a different list Allen. See how the game is played. We should be the lowest in the nation with the money this state hoarders away https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/property-taxes-by-state

So, you really are that damn dumb. I am talking about overall tax burden and you focus on just property taxes. You have to understand something, and that's govt is going to get the money needed to pay for govt services. Whether that comes as property tax, income tax, fuel tax, ????....they are going to pay for it. Rather than whine about property taxes, you need to get yourself out to the local county commission meetings and let them know what's in their budget that you don't support. Whether that's parks, police, road maintenance, schools, whatever....

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you really are that damn dumb. I am talking about overall tax burden and you focus on just property taxes. You have to understand something, and that's govt is going to get the money needed to pay for govt services. Whether that comes as property tax, income tax, fuel tax, ????....they are going to pay for it. Rather than whine about property taxes, you need to get yourself out to the local county commission meetings and let them know what's in their budget that you don't support. Whether that's parks, police, road maintenance, schools, whatever....
The subject was property taxes. Your just trying to muddy the water. And yes there are other options to fund things and that’s exactly the point.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The subject was property taxes. Your just trying to muddy the water. And yes there are other options to fund things and that’s exactly the point.

No, you expanded the topic to the Legacy fund and beyond. And that's where the issues began.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am reading a lot and there seems to be a lot of SENSITIVITY. It's not good so close to Christmas please spread the LOVE and goodwill to all.

Oh and at some point in time there will have to be a correction in taxing of the citizenry. It can't go on like it is. GF has $80,000 pile of rocks on S 42nd St. supposed to be art.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just sit back, enjoy the 25% of income you get to keep, and be fucking happy about it.

Its just that simple.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
1671473593665.gif

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did visit with a legislator and county treasure on legislative tax relief on ones restate tax form.
County lady said that was just a statement put on there by state to show what the state gave the county and had no bearing on your taxes. However, the state does give monies to the county/city/school so not all their needs come from people living in the county by property tax.
Legislator said it is a complicated mess when it comes to the state's financial affairs. So many regs have been pass over the years and it should be started all over to straighten it out. Big business has gotten so big so who knows what is really going on. Not sure how limit to two terms helps out with so little time for one to change things let alone understand what goes on but a few chosen few.
I am just glad this state has a positive cash balance and is not in debt. Maybe it is (it would seem the state has built or done something that needed a bond financing). However, i guess i will not dig any more (as i may get upset with what is going on) but pay the bill and spend my time enjoying my retirement.
But i do intend to look at the rockpile on 42 street in Grand Forks. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just looked on the internet which stated the state had a little over 3 billion in bond debt and local government had a little over 5 billion in 2019.
Need to quit digging on this subject.
2021-23 state budget was 17 billion over 2 years with 1/3 coming from federal funds. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn just spent an hour looking up budget of ND on internet. Revenue and expenditures. Need to focus somewhere else as at my age there are more important things. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Like Gunsmoke. Current show, as with most, i have seen countless times. 11/57. Rancher said 12 Crow braves came and took his wife. But Chester Goode finds these flowers and the story goes on.

The one i really enjoy is this old guy was a pool shark. Beats a big shot in Dodge for a lot of monies. Big shot gets a ringer from Nebraska to get his monies back. Young couple he was traveling with, the kid bets against him so he loss on purpose. In the end the old guy gets the young lady. Great show. Just like playing darts.

Always bury the ones they kill in this show as soon as they were dead. db

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember not so long ago we had a vote for abolishing property taxes but the geniuses of ND voted against it. Many were on this site saying we can’t vote down property taxes. And then the very geniuses on this site basically begged the G & F for higher licensing fees and begged to pay more for tags. You can’t make this sh#t up. Now we are on bitching about it. Face palm
For one, most people vote with their pocketbook and how things affect them and only them. Common sense says that IF I'm not paying property tax, as I don't own any taxable property, why would I vote to abolish it? That money will have to be made up in some other tax, or it would just be a big hit to the states pocketbook. We all know taxes will increase in other areas, and then we'll be paying them, and we're right, as we are geniuses, as you say.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For one, most people vote with their pocketbook and how things affect them and only them. Common sense says that IF I'm not paying property tax, as I don't own any taxable property, why would I vote to abolish it? That money will have to be made up in some other tax, or it would just be a big hit to the states pocketbook. We all know taxes will increase in other areas, and then we'll be paying them, and we're right, as we are geniuses, as you say.
Only way you are not paying property tax is if you live rent free somewhere or live down by the river in a van that is not yours. Face Palm is exactly right. Anytime you have a chance to get rid of one of the many taxes burdening us........its a no brainer, get rid of it!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Main reason for voting one way or the other for me does not depend on the pocketbook. One of the last projects was for the local school and i voted yes with no kids in the school.
And yes, the government needs certain amount of funds if they continue to fund their needs and if you take a source of revenues away, they will need to find another source to fund or trim the spending.
The concern is it fair, needed and how much waste. Seems they all have their projects they want monies for.
If you have property or not you contribute on way or another to that fund and i could not determine from the replay who recover the fumble. db

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only way you are not paying property tax is if you live rent free somewhere or live down by the river in a van that is not yours. Face Palm is exactly right. Anytime you have a chance to get rid of one of the many taxes burdening us........its a no brainer, get rid of it!
Or if your wife is NATIVE and her land is alloted to her TAX FREE!!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you want to see high property tax buy something in Ramsey county.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did thing that the reservation was a sovereign nation and paid no property tax but that is not true as there is a lot of taxable land on the reservation. I believe if it is trust land or not. Same if they purchase land off the reservation as they then paid a fee in lieu of deed/taxes. Same with game and fish land.
I am sure there is other property that is not tax and for whatever reason our government deem it that way at one time or another. A lot of things do not seem fair to me.
And then farmers and rancher do not pay property tax on home and buildings depending on non-farm income. The list goes on. db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11