Proposed Measure 5 changes (Medical Marijuana)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For medicine or not I bet old Willie has smoked more weed than most sausage waiters and he still functions pretty well at 80 some years old, the alternative is to end up like Ozzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2p3MjgfYo

- - - Updated - - -

Update : My brother in law that I mentioned earlier passed away about a week after they got the MM but it didn't seem to do much for him , They had oil that you rub on the bottom of feet or spray under the tongue. I guess the odor was horrible and even with rubber gloves my Sister in law couldn't stand the smell.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you'll see full recreational use on the next ballot and it'll probably pass due to the legislature choking the chicken

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye put down the pipe the SOS is on full force when it comes to enforcing the federal laws on the books. More importantly unless we can change the federal laws on MJ, ND MM is good as we are going to get based on federal laws.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/03/big-pharma-marijuana-competition-insys-arizona

Read this it's how fucked up our federal government is when it comes to the health and tax dollars this plant can produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that we don't have a universal health care plan like the other industrial producing countries of the world.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye put down the pipe the SOS is on full force when it comes to enforcing the federal laws on the books. More importantly unless we can change the federal laws on MJ, ND MM is good as we are going to get based on federal laws.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/03/big-pharma-marijuana-competition-insys-arizona

Read this it's how fucked up our federal government is when it comes to the health and tax dollars this plant can produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that we don't have a universal health care plan like the other industrial producing countries of the world.
we don't have universal health care because we don't want one. we will are pretty much the last bastien in health care. Our dollars provide all the R&D and all the greatest technological breakthroughs. If we got to universal healthcare that will all come to a halt.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Universal health care puts a strain on the tax paying Americans who are paying as much as 3 times the amount before the Obama care. How does this help me when it's easier to get everything for free when poor white trash is much more convenient. It's much more complicated than that I am afraid. Again the super rich and the below the poverty line get much better health care than what the middle class can. The talks again about the gap in the two extremes the poor and the rich. Again how does those fancy new medial equipment work for me when we should be looking at preventive care for all Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps read the article eye

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the humor but unfortunately Al Carlson, Lloyd and a few others will say "See , Right here's the proof"

Testimony from last week, Embed the last paragraph of the article in your brain for future reference.

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/it-takes-2/955/testified-marijuana-eases-her-daughters-daily-pain/

So in reading the podcast she's saying that the MJ is so important to her daughter that it's not worth $200/yr for the card? Not a particularly convincing stance. Cripes, if it's that good, and that important, get an apartment in Moorhead. Then make an enormous stink about how the legislature is chasing youth out of state.

Just so we're clear, I voted for and support MM for cancer and pain patients, and have for almost 20yrs. That said, about the only thing that's medically efficacious AND nearly free, is exercise. Everything else related to medicine costs $$, and it needs to if we're to continue improving medical effectiveness.

The MM clinic in Moorhead is advertising for MD coverage @ $125/hr 3 days/wk. That's about $150K/yr working 3 days/wk. Can't imagine anyone believes they're going to be giving away any canabinoid products for free with that kind of overhead + whatever the product, staff, taxes, and regulations cost.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
well it will be on the next ballot to fully legalize recreational use and will probably win because the legislature couldn't do it's damn job again. those ass hats can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to even pass a bill that requires mud flaps on trucks ;:;rofl. How much more "common sense" legislation will these guy refuse to pass?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sadly that's exactly what happened in sd with non meandered lakes, legislation dragged thier feet now it is a cluster fuck.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
well it will be on the next ballot to fully legalize recreational use and will probably win because the legislature couldn't do it's damn job again. those ass hats can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to even pass a bill that requires mud flaps on trucks ;:;rofl. How much more "common sense" legislation will these guy refuse to pass?

I agree with opinion Burgum shared on the news last night, Federal decriminalization would save a lot of time and money.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i got another gripe on a related issue. ND currently treats "hashish" and similarly made marijuana derivatives (from pot resin) as a class C Felony and marijuana and all other marijuana derivatives as a class B misdemeanor. the difference between pot oil and hash is trivial at best and in reality meaningless. think crack cocaine v. cocaine. anyway...without getting into too much detail in this post about the language in the NDCC and how easy it would be to change...

i wrote to our local senator and 3 of the reps on the committee that were dealing with the MM kerfuffle (after my local referred me to them) about what a judicial travesty and cluster fuck it is. i even volunteered to draft the bill or the required section in their MM bill. crickets. so, for the next two years (at least) we will continue to make felons (with all of the consequences thereof) out of someone possessing hash which is derived from the resin of the cannabis plant. whilst barely slapping the fingers of people possessing pot or anything made from any part of the plant except the "resin".

here are the 2 definitions if anyone cares:

"Hashish" means the resin extracted from any part of the plant cannabis with orwithout its adhering plant parts, whether growing or not, and every compound,manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the resin.

"Marijuana" means all parts of the plant cannabis whether growing or not; the seedsthereof; the resinous product of the combustion of the plant cannabis; and everycompound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or itsseeds. The term does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced fromthe stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound,manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of mature stalks, fiber, oil, orcake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

possession of any controlled substance is a class C felony in ND. but, there is an exception (class B misdemeanor) for 1 ounce or less of anything that falls under the definition of "marijuana"... which hash clearly does... but, since it has its own separate definition in the NDCC, it falls outside that exception and is still a felony. so 0.99 ounces of pot = slap on the wrist with court costs and a deferred imposition probably. 0.10 GRAMS of hash (made from the same plant) = Class C Felony.

ridonkulous

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53