Proposed Measure 5 changes (Medical Marijuana)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
you actually thought the legislature cared about the tax payers? ;:;rofl

I guess I have been giving them too much credit, IMO the way they handled # 1385 and # 2344 are at opposite ends of the common sense spectrum.

How does cooking compare by volume to smoking/vaping ? I read a comment where the poster said they can hardly afford to smoke it much less cook with it.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
E. now how would you know that 2.5 oz is a lot to smoke in a month?:;:huh

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind I calculated if a person rolls a normal size LJ which is roughly .43 grams per LJ. There is 28.5 grams in a ounce so that would be 70 grams a month. Lets say that on avg there will be approximately 8 grams of unsmokable twigs and sticks.That would be 62 grams a month. so 62/..43 equal 144 LJ a month. Yeah that would be a lot for grandma who's got shell shock from in the war.

- - - Updated - - -

swag,swank,dank,homegrown,nugs,and hydro

lunk, you know your way around a bong don't you??? no ill will, carry on...

anyway, it's progress folks... God bless those in the leg that took a chance and voted for, or supported this... it is a stretch for a state like nd, especially to try to explain to elderly local voters come election day... we don't know till we know, and luckily most of us don't know...

i also hope that some of the rules regarding the dispensaries will get hammered out if needed... this is truly medicine for those at the heart of this effort...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
noooooo raider I had to look it up to find out that information so there is more to the interweb than NDA
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/...int-pot-experts-have-a-new-estimate.html?_r=0
http://www.marijuanadictionary.com/names-of-marijuana

Yes if you have notice raider that I have been a big advocate for MJ for awhile now all the way back to the FBO days. So I had to educate myself on the history and culture of this plant.I was the first to bring up a topic on the the dea looking at moving MJ down to a schedule 2.

- - - Updated - - -

ps I read the article but I didnt see any information on patients growing MJ for personal use.

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
noooooo raider I had to look it up to find out that information so there is more to the interweb than NDA
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/...int-pot-experts-have-a-new-estimate.html?_r=0
http://www.marijuanadictionary.com/names-of-marijuana

Yes if you have notice raider that I have been a big advocate for MJ for awhile now all the way back to the FBO days. So I had to educate myself on the history and culture of this plant.I was the first to bring up a topic on the the dea looking at moving MJ down to a schedule 2.

- - - Updated - - -

ps I read the article but I didnt see any information on patients growing MJ for personal use.

no worries bud... i'm not judging... good on you for standing up for what you believe...

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the end goal was truly for medical reasons only, all this growing bs wouldn't be of any concern. Regulatory boards are already in place (i.e. The entire pharmaceutical hierarchy to police this). The infrastructure is there and implementing it would cost very little. And you can't tell me that a terminally ill cancer patient has to grow it and harvest it themselves before scoring some for a little relief?!!? Does anyone grow their own mold to get themselves some antibiotics??

This whole movement reminds me of the LGBT ��️�� thing... At first it was just marriage rights, then boys wanting to use the girls room, then an ability to sue the florist or the baker for refusing their business, etc... should've cut right to the chase and kicked it off with no laws and purely recreational use right off the bat. Because with nearly 70% of the vote, that's where we're headed anyway. May as well take the cheapest easiest route !!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
oops... I forgot about friends and company who I hope would visit me when I'm sick. :)

2.5 oz seems perfect!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the end goal was truly for medical reasons only, all this growing bs wouldn't be of any concern. Regulatory boards are already in place (i.e. The entire pharmaceutical hierarchy to police this). The infrastructure is there and implementing it would cost very little. And you can't tell me that a terminally ill cancer patient has to grow it and harvest it themselves before scoring some for a little relief?!!? Does anyone grow their own mold to get themselves some antibiotics??

This whole movement reminds me of the LGBT ��️�� thing... At first it was just marriage rights, then boys wanting to use the girls room, then an ability to sue the florist or the baker for refusing their business, etc... should've cut right to the chase and kicked it off with no laws and purely recreational use right off the bat. Because with nearly 70% of the vote, that's where we're headed anyway. May as well take the cheapest easiest route !!

wow, congrats on your families health... cross your fingers...

if i said what i'm thinking, i would b banned from this site...

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never once said I was against the measure. Don't hate LGBT people either. Just saying It's just a typical "movement". Cut to the chase, get it over with, and don't reinvent the wheel. Implement it smartly and get into the next issue at hand.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

anyway, it's progress folks... God bless those in the leg that took a chance and voted for, or supported this...
it is a stretch for a state like nd, especially to try to explain to elderly local voters come election day... we don't know till we know, and luckily most of us don't know...

i also hope that some of the rules regarding the dispensaries will get hammered out if needed... this is truly medicine for those at the heart of this effort...

Your right, It is progress. Hats off to those that testified and were on the work end of collecting signatures and getting the bill introduced and also the general public that was willing to lend an ear and understand that MM can benefit society.
Time will tell how it ends up but Federal changes would be great, I hope Trump takes a look at the big picture on the war on drugs and frowns at the budge when he sees 51% of the budget spent on MJ, He could legalize and tax the hell out of it and that tax $$ could be added to the budget as well as fund programs to help people get off drugs.

Or he could take a good look at the medical side of it and make some changes.
United States has been shipping Medical marijuana cigarettes to patients since the early 70s, I remember watching it on 60 minutes when it was first implemented, The program is already up and running but big pharmacy has been tugging hard from the other end.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never once said I was against the measure. Don't hate LGBT people either. Just saying It's just a typical "movement". Cut to the chase, get it over with, and don't reinvent the wheel. Implement it smartly and get into the next issue at hand.

thanks for your response, and sorry if mine seemed a little crass...

i will say that the people i know waiting for this bills passage are people native to this state that ultimately want to die in their own homes, but more comfortably... this is not a typical movement for the people it is most important to...

the waiting and delays are not because of the people i described above, but a government who always seems to know better...

i've seen more pain than i care to talk about because my legislators seem to know better... if i was to stoop to their condescending level i'd kindly ask them to fuck off and die in as much pain as my loved ones have, but i wouldn't ask that of anyone...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk, i dont really hide the fact i smoked in the past before my professional life dictated that i quit. i simply have too much to lose. its not worth losing my job over. So, i drink. Lol. Which i think is more harmful and has the potential to fuck you up way more. Dont matter how much you smoke, you can only get so high. I have never seen any pot smoker as messed up as some people (including myself) i see quite often when they are 12 beers and 3 whiskeys deep. And on your seeds and stems calculations... that isnt an issue anymore. With medical grade shit, everything gets smoked.

Last edited:

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish lawmakers would follow what people voted for all the time. Why do they think that they know better than the public?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish lawmakers would follow what people voted for all the time. Why do they think that they know better than the public?

Thumbs Up I'm ok with minor changes if they are needed but not rewriting the entire measures. Once the votes have been tallied and the dust settles there will be a thread on here putting some of our lawmakers on the hot seat.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member

it's always about people just wanting to get high, just like on this site... until you watch a family member twitch and cry and moan because they cannot get the relief they deserve at the end of their lives, all the while you hear from doctors about how other drugs may give them more comfort, but they are simply not legal here... all those who know better should prepare to explain to their loved ones why the pain is somehow worth it, and necessary at the end of their lives... sure makes us feel tough on sites like this i guess... must be all that's really important to some...

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thumbs Up I'm ok with minor changes if they are needed but not rewriting the entire measures. Once the votes have been tallied and the dust settles there will be a thread on here putting some of our lawmakers on the hot seat.

It will be a year and a half before only half these people face the voters. We will have long since forgotten.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does a guy go about figuring out who lead the charge to completely rewrite the MM bill? I'll do my damnedest to ensure we don't forget who they are come voting time...

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like someone on another blog said..... They can't think of any lives they know being destroyed or families ruined because of pot. Yet they can think of all kinds of families and lives that have been destroyed from oxy. So, wouldn't it be great if the Senate would swap the rules for pot and oxy? Instead of life destroying oxy being handed out like candy from the pharmacies, pharmaceuticals, and docs that make millions, these people would have to pay all these ridiculous fees and would more than likely instead use a less powerful and addicting drug.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Al Carlson has always been against MM. Oley Larsen is one that testified saying, and I quote, "It's a go smoke dope card." He's a real piece of work....he refused to go on News and Views on KFGO yesterday to explain his comment. These two both need to go.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds like the feds are going to start enforcing the mj laws. at least on the recreational ones.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50