Proposed Measure 5 changes (Medical Marijuana)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This law should be a benefit to people that don't smoke it. Most employers drug test now. And with this law there will be far more random tests done. There will be a lot of job openings for people that don't use it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This law should be a benefit to people that don't smoke it. Most employers drug test now. And with this law there will be far more random tests done. There will be a lot of job openings for people that don't use it.

The downside is letting big pharma stuff money into someone's deep pockets . If the Dr told you that you would benefit by eating a tomato a day but you can't grow your own You have to buy federally inspected canned tomatoes from the drug store and t will cost $ 500 for a months supply and insurance wont cover it then you would now how some people feel about this bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of the people that would benefit the most are unable to work anyway and can't afford out of pocket expenses for it. I just lost a cousin to cancer here in ND 2 days ago and have a brother in law in another state with cancer that has 2 months left to live and just got his card about a week ago. Brother in law has been without work for a couple months and they lived from check to check and I don't know how law is in AZ but the way ND is setting this up nobody will be able to afford it anyway. Just their way of saying screw the peons, Sad deal if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Next question is who takes care of someone terminally ill with cancer when their money is all used up ? State ? feds? No matter if you have insurance or not by the time your bedridden with cancer you are probably going to be pretty strapped for cash , Wonder if state or fed agency will pay for it ?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer is right, but Davey good grief I am sorry to hear this. I have nothing against medical mj, but give them an inch and they will go for recreational mj. No reason to let the sick suffer though. Pass it and deal with the druggies when they try for legal recreational mj I guess. Davey sickness in the family causes a lot of pressure. I hope your getting some ice fishing in or something to get your mind off it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer is right, but Davey good grief I am sorry to hear this. I have nothing against medical mj, but give them an inch and they will go for recreational mj. No reason to let the sick suffer though. Pass it and deal with the druggies when they try for legal recreational mj I guess. Davey sickness in the family causes a lot of pressure. I hope your getting some ice fishing in or something to get your mind off it.

I hope that gst will come back and tell us what was the juicy news he was so gracious as to of over heard. And that did he let his good friend know he voted yes on measure 5.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The downside is letting big pharma stuff money into someone's deep pockets . If the Dr told you that you would benefit by eating a tomato a day but you can't grow your own You have to buy federally inspected canned tomatoes from the drug store and t will cost $ 500 for a months supply and insurance wont cover it then you would now how some people feel about this bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of the people that would benefit the most are unable to work anyway and can't afford out of pocket expenses for it. I just lost a cousin to cancer here in ND 2 days ago and have a brother in law in another state with cancer that has 2 months left to live and just got his card about a week ago. Brother in law has been without work for a couple months and they lived from check to check and I don't know how law is in AZ but the way ND is setting this up nobody will be able to afford it anyway. Just their way of saying screw the peons, Sad deal if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Next question is who takes care of someone terminally ill with cancer when their money is all used up ? State ? feds? No matter if you have insurance or not by the time your bedridden with cancer you are probably going to be pretty strapped for cash , Wonder if state or fed agency will pay for it ?
I'm a cancer survivor myself. That's why I say just legalize it completely and be done with it. The rest will take care of itself as I mentioned above. People that are going to smoke it are going to smoke it anyway. Might as well take the pressure off law enforcement, etc. Employers will ultimately regulate the users anyway. Let anybody that wants to grow it grow it too up to a certain amount. Like two plants or whatever. I think the benefits for those that really can benefit from it far out weigh the negatives. I don't think ND has a big enough population to justify going with dispensories that require regulation. I don't think you could collect enough taxes to offset the admin costs involved.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you Davey for taking the time to find that link, I have sent that email out with some additional thoughts as to why it should stay as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Attention those members of NDA that voted yes on Measure 5 please take the time to click on the link Davey has provided. don't allow only few politicians the right to change something that so many people of gone through the process as to get this measure put on the ballot.

Volunteers have been working on this for years going from door to door town to town to get people to sign this petition. This is a slap in the face of voters like one of our own members Daveys wife and all the other 67 percent of the voters who said yes.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only a frigging politician can take a perfectly fine thing like MM and complain about how much it will cost the state to manage it.

Here's a suggestion...how about DON'T manage it? Let the pharmaceutical industry already in place for dealing with other drugs take care of it.

For the love of God and all that is holy, what idiots! It's not like you can't get codeine, hydrocodone, ????, and ???? from pharmacies and last I hear they are also misused.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
We sure seem to have a bunch of old legislators that can't seem to give up control. They know what is best for you. We see this also in things like repealing the Blue Laws and the Cohabitation ban.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So in 1999 ND legislation passes a state wide law allowing farmers to grow industrial hemp even though at the time it was against the federal law. Then In 2015 ND legislation voted down on a bill proposing a MM bill to allow a select few to receive a prescription by a doctor but in 2015 voted to allow agriculture production. The ND legislation voted against a bill 26-67 because they know what's best for ND.
It's OK for GST and his buddies to get to grow hemp on their farms but it's not OK for the few sick the same rights to grow and consume a plant of the same species.
What is the deal GST why won't you answer the question

- - - Updated - - -

Or is that you are full of shit and habitual schemer

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please take the time to watch this video...The old guy at the end of this video expresses my thoughts exactly (Rep. Kaiser, old white-haired guy).

These are our lawmakers on something as simple as the Blue Law in ND. I'm sorry, but the employees they speak of choose where they work and aren't victims. Also, what happened to separation of church and state? We are talking about what to do with our Sunday mornings. I personally, liberal or conservative, don't agree with being told which day to relax and that is what they are arguing. Pompous white assholes. Oh, wait, I guess I should tell my wife that she should be bringing me breakfast in bed Sunday morning. I think that will go over well. Let's all go shop in Minnesota Sunday morning! Did I mention we're the last state to address this issue? Really glad we're concerned with how many license plates we should have though......what a joke.

http://video.legis.nd.gov/pb2/power...ediaStart=2017-01-30T14:03:18-06:00&browser=0

- - - Updated - - -

My point on the MM vote is this.....c'mon a-holes. This was voted on and approved as it sat. Now it's gutted and completely redefined. I wish I could say I have any skin in the game but I don't other than hear "the people's" voice and roll with it. I am tired of being told what to do by people who "know better than me". Anyone else notice that during the vote that there is reference to the Chaplain?

End of rant.

Oh that felt good. Thank you. Please watch the video before commenting.

Last edited:

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys weed s aredy in this state and if they don't tax it the right way someone else is going to make the profit.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be great if the old men in Bismarck would make these same rules for drugs like Oxy? We have thousands of people addicted to Oxy and it's buddy drugs meth and heroin. Yet we put in rules that one could only wish oxy had for a drug that's the least harmful of any of these. Looks like a lot of hurdles for a dying or sick patient to get medical pot. Meanwhile, the local pharmacists and docs can hand out oxy like it's candy. Can't think of many families I've seen torn apart and destroyed from pot, but I see lives and families destroyed by oxy everywhere. If these guys are so worried about addiction, drugs, and the crime that follows how about putting your efforts and rules into the ones doing the most destruction.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the legislature couldnt F with things for 7 years after an initiated measure is passed? Or is that only constitutional measure? Whats the deal..

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please take the time to watch this video...The old guy at the end of this video expresses my thoughts exactly (Rep. Kaiser, old white-haired guy).

These are our lawmakers on something as simple as the Blue Law in ND. I'm sorry, but the employees they speak of choose where they work and aren't victims. Also, what happened to separation of church and state? We are talking about what to do with our Sunday mornings. I personally, liberal or conservative, don't agree with being told which day to relax and that is what they are arguing. Pompous white assholes. Oh, wait, I guess I should tell my wife that she should be bringing me breakfast in bed Sunday morning. I think that will go over well. Let's all go shop in Minnesota Sunday morning! Did I mention we're the last state to address this issue? Really glad we're concerned with how many license plates we should have though......what a joke.

http://video.legis.nd.gov/pb2/power...ediaStart=2017-01-30T14:03:18-06:00&browser=0

- - - Updated - - -

My point on the MM vote is this.....c'mon a-holes. This was voted on and approved as it sat. Now it's gutted and completely redefined. I wish I could say I have any skin in the game but I don't other than hear "the people's" voice and roll with it. I am tired of being told what to do by people who "know better than me". Anyone else notice that during the vote that there is reference to the Chaplain?

End of rant.

Oh that felt good. Thank you. Please watch the video before commenting.

Not to mention the employer is obligated to give a person time off on their day of worship unless it would bring undo harm to the business. See it all the time with seventh day Adventist taking off sat.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any predictions how this will play out ? I'm guessing they will drag their feet and complicate this as much as they can to make sure they get all the big pharma funding and attention they can. Meanwhile they will demand more money to fund this huge expensive time consuming labor intensive process that is going to take more time and money than they thought when in reality they have already had a plan in place for a while now. Anything else but MM and they would be beating their chest about the job creation and how much tax money will be raised. .

The bottom line is affordability , It's already been determined that Insurance won't cover MM . The next step to keep MM out of the hands of a lot of people is to make it so most people can't afford it .

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...allenge-proposed-changes-new-north-dakota-law

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get another measure going and legalize it, then see what them neck tie joes do with that measure

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if this bill would of passed during the Obama administration? Do you guys remember why it didn't make it to the polls the last time around.

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep it illegal, better the cartels make billions of $$$ then the state. we all know the devils lettuce is killing more people and breaking homes then alcohol and pharmaceuticals.:::

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 314
  • This month: 214
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 73