Reporter left with PTSD after firing AR

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
DO NOT Id yourself with PTSD or any other personal problem to the VA. You will be reported to the FBI and labeled "hot" on your next ATTEMPTED gun purchase. I can't believe this hasn't been discussed previously on here.

EVEN I KNEW not to take that road. Fresh off of deployment, I was at the va and either a dr or a case worker of some type (huge difference for these purposes I know, but I can't recall exactly) sat there during an interview and tried to talk me into saying 'things' which would equate to being the early stages of ptsd. He flat out said he wanted me to have the option "to open the door to a future service connected disability rating for ptsd" if I was so inclined to persue it at some point. With a slight chuckle (nervous/surprised/taken aback) I said something like "no thanks, plus I don't think they'll go for it, I was only in the cheerforce"

PASS

fwiw, I think he meant well :-S

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
EVEN I KNEW not to take that road. Fresh off of deployment, I was at the va and either a dr or a case worker of some type (huge difference for these purposes I know, but I can't recall exactly) sat there during an interview and tried to talk me into saying 'things' which would equate to being the early stages of ptsd. He flat out said he wanted me to have the option "to open the door to a future service connected disability rating for ptsd" if I was so inclined to persue it at some point. With a slight chuckle (nervous/surprised/taken aback) I said something like "no thanks, plus I don't think they'll go for it, I was only in the cheerforce"

PASS

fwiw, I think he meant well :-S

OR he was trying to shafted you, and keep you from buying a gun under our new upcoming gun laws. Put them in the front lines for our protection, and put them on the terrorist list when they come home. Stinking liberals.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88