Rescue Cost

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
isn't it like a grand for an ambulance ride? paramedics/rescuers

If you are transported to the hospital there is a charge. If you are just treated by the paramedics on-site, there is no charge.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are transported to the hospital there is a charge. If you are just treated by the paramedics on-site, there is no charge.

good to know!

2350197149_4a2f82e6a5_z.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

let's see you perverts disparage that tongue-in-cheek image

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member

good to know

is their gas something special? jet fuel possibly? wtf

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ... now I know to try to talk the paramedics into setting my leg, stitching me up, giving me a weeks worth of gauze, etc.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking from experience of getting hauled about 100 miles in an ambulance one time, next time you are asked to donate to the local ambulance service for a small sum, DO IT! I believe if you donate you get free or reduced ambulance ride if you should ever need it. Tiny little insurance policy IMHO. I hadn't at the time and wowser.... now wish I would have.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr once fainted at the local Mexican restaurant, her girl friend called an ambulance and they gave her a ride to the hospital where it was determined she had low glucose, or lack of iron or some simple bullshit that was of no consequence. That ride 3 blocks to the hospital was barely under a grand. That's right guys, $999.00 for a ride 3 blocks.

insurance covered zero of that, cant remember why, but I am sure its obama's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Well played. I'm a little sloooow today.

maybe you are retarded? I would get it checked out...haha

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to remember a lot of the fire departments are volunteer and the guys don't get paid squat. last summer some mungs on the red river ran out of gas and they dialed 911. local fire dept went out and towed them back.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Depends on the scenario. Most services will bill insurance/medicare. Vehicle accident medical cost are covered by auto insurance. Generally people on medicare don't have to pay the ambulance expenses beyond what medicare won't pay. Some private insurances will pay 100% of ambulance bills, others have a limit. If your charges are above that limit you can be billed from the ambulance service...if they charge. Some volunteer ambulance services do not bill.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bill em. Federallys will probably charge for that airboat????

Plus when they got into my airboat --- i would of said leave those overpriced vexilars on the ice; along with that auger and those thorne bros rod combos and that ottercabin. You can retrieve them your self. ;:;boozer

Story I read several years back when ice broke up and left anglers stranded out on the great lakes; Coast guard responded, you get your arse in the chopper and your arse only everything else stays behind.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking from experience of getting hauled about 100 miles in an ambulance one time, next time you are asked to donate to the local ambulance service for a small sum, DO IT! I believe if you donate you get free or reduced ambulance ride if you should ever need it. Tiny little insurance policy IMHO. I hadn't at the time and wowser.... now wish I would have.

Some EMS services sell "memberships", which basically acts as an insurance policy and gives you free or reduced price if you use their services. Metro in Bismarck does this. This practice is illegal in some States as the services gained a reputation for preying on the elderly while selling their memberships.

- - - Updated - - -

Story I read several years back when ice broke up and left anglers stranded out on the great lakes; Coast guard responded, you get your arse in the chopper and your arse only everything else stays behind.

These guys were all on a section of ice that broke loose and were adrift. The fishing was great. Coast Guard got pissed because the guys that got rescued were walking back out and started to fish again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ha it was that much 20 years ago. My boy broke his leg in a Hockey game up in Canada and went for 4 ambulance rides in one night before he finally got to Minot to have surgery on it. We both said ouch, Worse part for him was after he was stabilized at canadian hospital and buckled onto one back board they had to switch him over to another board at the port. Canadians wouldn't trade or let us beg borrow or buy their board. I also had to pre pay them for the Ambulance ride to the port.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen ambulance rides in Bismarck range from 1k- 3k. Cost is based off of what they do more than per mile. Insurance especially medicare only covers it in a emergency. I've seen plenty rides get denied. The common one is someone goes to a walk in clinic and says they have been having chest pain. DR calls ambulance and the take them to the hospital. Turns out it was indigestion. Non emergency not coverd. This is probably similar to what happened to Mrs. Johnr.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17