Ripped off by vallely sport and marine

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked with Lund today, they flat out told me this is the reason there is a warranty. Frankly fuck Lund the sack of shits. With that said does anyone want to buy a brand new Lund off me.

This comes right from the top, none of the Brunswick boat companies give a hoot about the end user, only the dealers. I spent 6Mo and countless hrs going back and forth W/Crestliner (also owned by Brunswick) over a rotten transom on a 9yr old boat. This includes having 2 calls w/the president of Crestliner at the time (Cecil Cohn) as well as a Brunswick corporate customer service guy named Chip. The bill was $3700, in the end, Cecil said that because of my tenacity, they'd pay for $1700 and I was on the hook for $2K.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So let me get this straight you are pissed at a company that will stand behind their warranty?? LOL Wtf??..

FTR Its not "brand new" if you bought it, the warranty has been filed, and you put it in the water. I'll give you half of retail.

One thing about a Lund they hold their VALUE!;:;boozer

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing that doesn't make sense is you would think standard procedure would be for a dealer to inspect a boat upon delivery. If it checks out, great. If it doesn't, the thing should be sent back to the factory.

Last edited:

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^ Exactly...

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at Vallely in February once I decided I was going with the Lund Impact. They gave me their "best" price on the Impact I wanted with the motor, electronics, and trolling motor I wanted. I then went to Blakes in Devil's Lake to compare. Blakes quote was within $200 of Vallely...I bought from Blakes...zero issues...but have not had any warranty work needed. If I ever do, I'll check with Carey at 6 Mile first...if he cannot file it for me I'll go back to Blakes...and from my experience working with Craig on the purchase, guessing it won't be a hassle...at least that's what I'm hoping...if and when!

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe Lunds glass boats are made in Minnesota, I am pretty sure they are made in Mexico. I heard from a Lund dealer in Minnesota that the glass boats is NOT what they used to be. Quality has gone down in recent years. Or is it they moved the plant from Mexico to the states and it has since gotten better quality. I don't know, boats are confusing

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The thing that doesn't make sense is you would think standard procedure would be for a dealer inspect a boat upon delivery. If it checks out, great. If it doesn't, the thing should be sent back to the factory.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Why wouldn't it be detected upon inspection and clean up before the boat went on the show room floor. If I was putting a boat on the showroom floor, and depended on it being perfect for sales to put food on my table, I would damn sure make sure it was spotless and defect free. Good lord if they didn't inspect it before putting it on the showroom floor????? It should have been detected way before selling it to a fellow sportsman. I hope Lund and Vallely realize the gravity of this whole thing and step up to make it right.

Fish On!

Donnyo

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Why wouldn't it be detected upon inspection and clean up before the boat went on the show room floor. If I was putting a boat on the showroom floor, and depended on it being perfect for sales to put food on my table, I would damn sure make sure it was spotless and defect free. Good lord if they didn't inspect it before putting it on the showroom floor????? It should have been detected way before selling it to a fellow sportsman. I hope Lund and Vallely realize the gravity of this whole thing and step up to make it right.

Fish On!
this is my exact argument, guys will say I should have inspected the boat before purchase. But you know what I should not have to buying a new boat. This should be illegal maybe I will call Donald trump.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vehicle manufacturer would stand buy its product. How did Ribber fisher do it ?

The dealer yes responsible - but if its a manufacturing defect -then the guy in Tennessee is the one responsible.

I actually called alumacraft - My trailer started eating a rivet --- they put an engineer on the phone - i emailed him a couple picks - he calls me back and tells me how many pounds of pressure that particular rivet is built for and it had x number of y -- engineer talk slash your good to go pound the piss of it it wont pop. And so far that guy was right

Lund though went downhill when the CFO robbed them -- they making so much cash they didnt even knew they were getting ripped off. They were just slopping them together, not painting them correctly and putting shitty transoms in them. They have been going off from " your daddys lund" cash for how many years.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

The dealer yes responsible - but if its a manufacturing defect -then the guy in Tennessee is the one responsible.

I actually called alumacraft - My trailer started eating a rivet --- they put an engineer on the phone - i emailed him a couple picks - he calls me back and tells me how many pounds of pressure that particular rivet is built for and it had x number of y -- engineer talk slash your good to go pound the piss of it it wont pop. And so far that guy was right

Lund though went downhill when the CFO robbed them -- they making so much cash they didnt even knew they were getting ripped off. They were just slopping them together, not painting them correctly and putting shitty transoms in them. They have been going off from " your daddys lund" cash for how many years.

I read everything you type like Tim Taylor talking to Wilson in his backyard. And I love it. Make fire, spell good, attempt to breed the women.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member

Should ask Lund about their "Transom Durability"!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can we see photos of what's wrong with the finish?

From Lund to the dealer, I am thinking there were more than just a couple people that signed off on it being shipped out and sold. I know we all have our own expectations for what imperfections a person should tolerate in a new __________, so I am really curious what passed the muster at Lund and the dealership, but failed a buyer's inspection.

EN001

I am also curious, I also bought a new glass Lund this spring, got it out in the sun and guess what, found some cracks in the gel-coat. Not a big deal, I sure wasn't going to let some cosmetic blemishes ruin my summer, my dealer (that has been awesome with both my boat purchases) knew about it and acknowledged that they were there and told me they will be fixed under warranty as soon as I am done with it for the year.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Whats the over/under that we never hear the results of this mornings meeting? ol' Donnyo was really active and responsive until today, go figure.

considering his status show's he's online as I type this (and currently viewing this thread), maybe the update is in process......................

Last edited:

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
I am also curious, I also bought a new glass Lund this spring, got it out in the sun and guess what, found some cracks in the gel-coat. Not a big deal, I sure wasn't going to let some cosmetic blemishes ruin my summer, my dealer (that has been awesome with both my boat purchases) knew about it and acknowledged that they were there and told me they will be fixed under warranty as soon as I am done with it for the year.

Get out of here with your common sense, cooperation and understanding.. We need pitch forks here!!

Donnyo

Alright this is the end of this thread, vallely and I came to an agreement. They made it right I am happy with the agreement. Hey did me right I’ll say that. I won’t go into details but I am keeping the boat. I do apologize to vallely for naming this thread, I was wrong. If anyone is looking for a good dealer vallely will take care of you.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our Nodak Angler. Can’t make this stuff up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84