River around and south of Bismarck?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The river was still iced across solid at Huff and south, was down south of Mandan today retrieving some equipment for what is hopefully the end of stupid and unneeded last 8 months of ECO terrorism and tribal stupidity, let us not forget who and the stupidity involved
dukgnfsns

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing the river the water has to be a tad dirty yet. Hitting a ice berg wide-open is a treat. o-well i will give her one more week then its game on. There are alot of lakes starting to go nuts ice fishing so hopefully can hit them again before that show is over.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking at the desert ramp and still ice along shoreline about 30 ft. Main still a lot of big ice chunks floating down.

- - - Updated - - -

Rifle range is solid all the way across.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at Merriwethers on Monday. Ice was still on the ramp but city(?) workers were down there doing some maintenance to the dock in preparations for getting it launched. I'd be surprised if the ice hasn't been pushed off by now.

Fox Island is indeed open, I know one of the guys who has already dunked his boat out of there.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at Merriwethers on Monday. Ice was still on the ramp but city(?) workers were down there doing some maintenance to the dock in preparations for getting it launched. I'd be surprised if the ice hasn't been pushed off by now.

Fox Island is indeed open, I know one of the guys who has already dunked his boat out of there.

did you ask him if he quit shivering yet? also....going to need a fishing report from him. I drove down there after work and there was a giant ice sheet in front of the ramp that didn't look to be moving. Merriwethers is open as well. It would be nice if a dock could go in soon.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got a text from a friend that ice is cleared at the desert area, but said the ramp still had ice on it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what's the going guess on Hazelton to bust loose. Undoubtedly she should have no trouble getting to the gun range by this weekend but Hazelton is the big question mark.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Under the right conditions, which we should be seeing over the coming days. River ice can disappear at a rate of about 3-4 river miles a day.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stopped by Hazelton, Beaver, and cattail. Hazelton has some open water just off ramp. Beaver has opened water under bridge and a large area of open water by the high line wires on the west side. Cattail looks OK for ice but I'm not ice expert.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you ask him if he quit shivering yet? also....going to need a fishing report from him. I drove down there after work and there was a giant ice sheet in front of the ramp that didn't look to be moving. Merriwethers is open as well. It would be nice if a dock could go in soon.

He's a hearty soul, and a hell of an angler who seems to put fish in the boat when others struggle.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Noted a boat heading north of our place on Fox Island yesterday. First boat that we have seen this spring. :) Still seeing fair amount of ice and lots of deadheads floating by, not to mention cold dirty h2o. May be time to stow the hard ice gear :(

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess if you want to be technical this guy had his boat out first this year since he never actually took it off the river the entire winter! Definitely didn't seem like the brightest idea if you can't tell by the angle of the boat.

Screenshot_20170322-190131.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Break up has reached the gun range. The main channel is open and side stuff was breaking up pretty heavy about a quarter-mile upstream with a shit ton of trees and other debris stuck on the leading edge of the breakup.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made it out around 10am. Once the rain calmed down it wasnt to bad. Went north a little ways and picked up 4 nice eaters. Headed back at 2 to pick the kids up from school. Hoping to pit a little more effort in tomorrow but definatly nice to be out in the boat again.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gun range ramp is open and river is good atleast to huff. Hazelton is still locked but she's looks like she will be busting up in the next 24 hours or so with all the holes forming in it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46