River around and south of Bismarck?

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy did this yesterday. Be careful out there.

Attachments

20170326_100433.jpg
Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would suck big time, and so early in the boating season. ;:;barf

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
How the hell did he do that? smoke a big ass rock or some other such thing or just some sort of metal fatigue? Bet it sounded awsome well rolling down the river.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure he found some rocks just south of fox island boat ramp along the rock shoreline. Lucky for him he had forward but no reverse and was able to make it back to Merriwethers.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure he found some rocks just south of fox island boat ramp along the rock shoreline. Lucky for him he had forward but no reverse and was able to make it back to Merriwethers.

My brother found that same rock pile last spring 2 days before the Big Muddy. He just put the hammer down and sat it right down on top of it. Chewed things up pretty good but not too the extent of that.

Be sure to get off the shoreline before letting the current push you down stream.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a sandbar/pile of something 100 yards strait south of the ramp and about 15-20 feet from the shore, it developed shortly after the flood. Is that the one?

- - - Updated - - -

This guy?

foxrockpile.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

foxrockpile2.jpg

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I wasn't with either but it seems about the right distance south. I was thinking it was a bit further offshore but not by much.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya i know the one you are talking about. Its been there for a while. He is not from around here and not knowing theres is a good chance you will find out.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks a$$....a lot of guys drift down there and wait for their buddy to park the truck too....and then they zip up to the pick-up dock. I always thought it was just sand but I bet some rip-rap got knock down stream during the flood.

Tell him to send the bill to the Corps!

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
Those rocks are nasty. I know of several people that fell victim to those rocks.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice for the map ndwalleyes. Anyone else have any places to avoid that they would share for us who are little green on this river?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, I have seen that rock pile too. Because of it I favor the middle of the river in that area, would rather hit sand. If you look closely, you can usually see the water boiling over the rocks.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had problems down there below the parking lot but seen a couple boats smoke this rock pile right by the new fishing peir. There was also bad one on the north side of one of the harbor mouths on the mandan side south of the oar but can't remember exactly which one it was.

20170326_203348.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap he boated with the motor missing that much of the lower unit all the way back to 94! Good God I wouldn't have thought he could make it to the fox ramp let alone Meriwether's!

Anyone ever have any trouble with this rock pile just north of the ramp?

20170326_205352.jpg

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea nasty rocks south of the ramp. so many people go through there, you can see that there is nasty stuff there. Water is dirty but that will go away. fishing will get busy in next couple weeks barring any big storms. Harley or gold wing both nice bikes just depends what you like. I put on 38000 miles in last 2 years, most highway miles thats why i ride a gold wing.trip 033.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
So did anybody catch anything this weekend or is it still to dirty? I spent the weekend mounting a new humminbird and getting the boat ready. Hope to be out this coming weekend.

PS: Straight pipes are gay no matter what brand you throw them on.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean, I found that pile by the new fishing pier last spring. Luckily I was barely above idle, but I still had to have my prop repaired and rebalanced. The guys at Bismarck Prop Works knew exactly which rock I was talking about, I think it brings them a fair amount of business.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46