Rubber mulch?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody try it? I was thinking of ordering one of those monster totes (75 cu ft).

Does it stink like tires when it gets hot?

Pros?

Cons?

Brand choice?

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like the old tire look after a few years have fun carting that 75 cu.ft. of shit away. At least peat moss or wood mulch will disappear over time . I prefer peat moss.

Honkerslayr

I’ve landscaped yards/houses for years and a few years before I stopped it came into the scene. Although I only spent a small time getting to know it, it outperformed wood mulch. It stays inside edging better because of its weight and doesnt fade as much as wood. The smell will dissipate rather quickly when in open air and you can blow out leaves/clutter with a leaf blower easier than wood mulch. The other advantage is you can basically choose any color to match any scheme you might be looking for and its very easy to install rather than rock. I’ve always been a ran of 2-3” decorative rock but that’s just me. It all depends on what kind of labor and cost you’re willing to put forth.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like the old tire look after a few years have fun carting that 75 cu.ft. of shit away. At least peat moss or wood mulch will disappear over time . I prefer peat moss.
I’d rather haul rubber vs rock :)

I have mechanized help… introducing the Hamster. Made in Germany. 😆

Galwhohaulsfirewoodforsapevaporater likes running it.
IMG_7888.png

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are putting it around trees and shrubs, know that with the color and heat holding tendency, it will can get too hot for them in sunny hot weather. It can negatively impact their growth and sometimes get too hot for them to survive.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you have all the toys!
Too many for a guy with just a two-stall garage and no shop. 😩

That Hamster is way handier than I had imagined it would be. Very smooth/easy to run.
It's a walk-behind but who wants to walk? I added that back platform to stand on. I'll eventually rip it apart on uneven ground but it's just rubber-coated wood so easy to replace.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Too many for a guy with just a two-stall garage and no shop. 😩

That Hamster is way handier than I had imagined it would be. Very smooth/easy to run.
It's a walk-behind but who wants to walk? I added that back platform to stand on. I'll eventually rip it apart on uneven ground but it's just rubber-coated wood so easy to replace.
It looks handy, Im just wondering if a skidsteer would be better and more versatile.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks handy, I'm just wondering if a skidsteer would be better and more versatile.
Well yeah.... Immeasurably. :LOL:

The Hamster is lawn mower engine driven and was "free" to me. I store it outside under a riding lawn mower tarp.

Compared to our usual hand shoveling and using a wagon behind a mower or wheelbarrow fiascos it'll very handy for yard chores.

It'll even help transport ash tree rounds up the dike from down near the river in the back yard. More importantly it will help lift the huge rounds (30-36" or so diameter) up onto my swanky new electric Super Split that's due to arrive in early June.

https://www.supersplit.com/
Yeee.... another toy!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shredded cedar is really good. Stays put fairly good. It keeps the moisture in the soil. Lowes has the best prices. I will never use rocks again.

★ Legendary Member
I put rock around my house last year....paid two high school kids 100 each to help for 2 hours, if we finish before the 2 hours you get to leave early and keep the 100. The best money I have spent in a long time.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure GWF is going to win " He WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS CONTEST". Them MRS can sell for half what he gave for them. HA HA LB
LOL.

I’m not even in the major leagues of toy ownership on this site. Minors maybe?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1