Scheels Hunting Expo...Anyone Going?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I liked it better when it was "Waterfowl Fest" but I suppose there's a bigger market by catering to the entire hunting crowd. So anyone going? The squirt needs his first camo hunting getup if he wants to come duck hunting this fall, so I'll be looking for deals on tiny tot clothing. Otherwise I hear C&S Custom Calls will be there, and I need another duck call like I need another hole in my head.

But it's a good day to get irritated by supposed "deals" and crowds of people who have about as much business in the outdoors as Hillary Clinton does in the White House!

Who am I kidding...I'm just antsy for hunting season, and I'll take any excuse to scratch the itch. Even if it's at Fargo's busiest store on one of the busiest days of the year.

image.jpg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks like Minot is Aug 12-13th. Dock docks too.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally the sales are no joke during this event so I'm counting the days

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally the sales are no joke during this event so I'm counting the days

I wouldn't mind picking up a couple dozen teal decoys for a good price. Good way to add numbers to a spread for walk-in puddle hunts.

Like I said, the kiddo needs camo, too. And I have my eye on a C&S duck call...

Regardless, won't be a cheap trip, although I hope I can save some money during the process.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's anything like the "deals" a guy can get during fishing days it'll disappoint. Man that pisses me off. ;:;banghead

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's anything like the "deals" a guy can get during fishing days it'll disappoint. Man that pisses me off. ;:;banghead

Agreed. It always seems like the "deals" are actually just the normal price, but they jack up the perceived normal price and then mark it on "sale" so it looks like you're saving money.

Trust me, I'll have the Amazon page pulled up to price check....

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be working the Federal Ammo both anyone going make sure to stop and say hi

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wow did this event pound my pocket book. So tough to turn down 20% on all decoys. Anyone else pick up some new decoys? I saw they have ghg commercial grades, DOA, Avians, Dakota signatures online for 20% too. You also get a $25 shipping credit on each order so I ordered two boxes separately to get free shipping on each. I think the sale ends Saturday

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
No kidding. I used to really look forward to this sale. The last couple years it isn't worth the trip.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
We picked up four bags of Nutrisource for the price of three, a dog handler bag, some treats for the hounds (wife spoils them) and I got myself a new C&S duck call.

Hurt the wallet, but everything was 20-30 percent off. We saved a bundle.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 212
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66