Scheels Rods/Reels

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great rods for the money, hard to beat. From the old Haggen style I still have to the new ones. I really like the walleye series, had a one series it just wasn't for me. Just not enough backbone I guess.

I agree with your ONE series comment. I had a 6'2 walleye series that broke, upgraded to a ONE and have never really liked it because of it's weak backbone.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
*$100 for loomis replacement

Not the IMX i just had replaced. Took it in, they sent it off, when it came back I got a call it was there. Went down to pick it up, and the sales guy said that will be $20 at the front with a smile.

- - - Updated - - -

It is $100 to expedite. When you expedite, they dont care how it broke.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the loomis wags sold me.

- - - Updated - - -

Gaywhofishes and wags bought scheels one rods together and then cuddled in the backseat of gaywhofishes dodge.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I most ofter use my St. Croix Legend Elite with a Diawa, IMX with a Stradic Ci4 and a GLX with a Quantum Smoke.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
sure - I sometimes fish with wags - who wouldn't?

john_currin_fisherman_2000-1.jpg

Franchi

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 7 of the tournament rods cause they are great for the price. I've had 4 for at least 8 years and haven't broken one yet. The best is when you can find them changing manufacturers and selling the old ones for a good discount.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going against the grain on this as, I do not like Scheels Rods. I have been burned by their warranty. When mine break, I will not be buying any more of them. $20 gets you a new G Loomis if you break it, DEAL!

More like $120

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try not to break mine and enjoy their performance. I also don't eat 3/4 of my cheeseburger and take it back to the register.

Last edited:

sourisshorebound

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a Tournament rod/reel combo, rod broke on me never got a chance to warranty it because it broke during a very drunken night fishing trip shortly after buying it, and after 10 or so beers i was pretty upset the pole that I just paid 100$ broke and it ended up getting wet :/ I took the reel off first though thankfully, because I still have the reel and it runs great. very smooth drag for something out of a 100$ combo ... but for rods i stick with ugly sticks all the time.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over priced Chinese rods. If it wasn't for the warranty they wouldn't sell any. If I want to spend $100 on a rod, I buy a St. Croix Avid. Real nice rod. Made in USA.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont mind scheels rods for trolling cranks but if I'm bouncing or jigging its Loomis or St croix all the way I like sensitivity. :;:thumbsup

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think scheels rods are st. croix blanks, atleast thats what i heard from a guy at work. Never really checked into it though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 212
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66