Shoulder injuries

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed, get it done. Just a heads up that recovery does take some time, so if you do it in the winter months make sure you have options for snow removal.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycan
Old thread, but I figured I would continue it instead of starting a new one. Thinking I have a torn rotator cuff, right arm I cannot lift past 90 degrees, been that way for a decade at least, doesnt really cause pain unless I try to lift it higher than it wants to go. Left arm I have full motion on, wondering if its worth having surgery to try to fix, or better off just living with it like that, besides the range of motion issue, it doesnt bother me too much... Ive heard recovering from shoulder surgery can be a pita, and sometimes people wish they wouldnt have done it.

Do you by chance sleep on your right side with pressure on your shoulder ? I'm fighting the same battle from a years old injury and can't seem to fall sleep any other way than on my right side.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old thread, but I figured I would continue it instead of starting a new one. Thinking I have a torn rotator cuff, right arm I cannot lift past 90 degrees, been that way for a decade at least, doesnt really cause pain unless I try to lift it higher than it wants to go. Left arm I have full motion on, wondering if its worth having surgery to try to fix, or better off just living with it like that, besides the range of motion issue, it doesnt bother me too much... Ive heard recovering from shoulder surgery can be a pita, and sometimes people wish they wouldnt have done it.
Same can't lift more then 8 pounds straight out with either of my shoulders, how you can really tell when you put your arms crossed on the lower part of your back and try to pull your arms away from your back that will tell you how bad your rotor is. If you have no movement then you are a candidate for surgery. Try physical therapy first before you decide to go under the knife, like bungee cord resistance, get some five pound dumb bells to try to strengthen the muscles around your shoulders will help with that popping feeling you get when move your arms for any daily activities. I have a job where my shoulders get a nice work out with low weight but I still can't lift anything above 90 degrees in front of me but I have little pain when I'm active.
Another thing that you should google is dead hang, lots of good information on this type of therapy.
i know for myself i wont go till i cant move my shoulders anymore, until then just throwing the ball to wilson a couple times a days also helps with keeping my shoulders mobile.
Good luck 👍

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93