Side Imaging Graph Options?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to update my main graph this spring with one of the sales going. Stepping into the new century. Looking at a 9” unit, currently have Helix units. Will keep them and am not tied to any brand. Not really concerned with future live imaging, just want side imaging. I like ‘Bird mapping but no experience with others in modern times. Garmin is somewhat appealing.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opinion using all of them is that side imaging is a horse a piece. The right tweaking of setting and transducer placement they all shine compared to 5-6 years ago for SI. You would be served, even if you dont forsee utilizing FFS anytime soon, to get a unit that does have great FFS quality.

That puts you in the Garmin and Lowrance game. Garmin is updating some of their units and have great sales going on right now on 10 and 12 inch units. Lowrance did a product update last year so no real major sales to be had on them right now.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m very pleased with my Lawrence SI unit. Very detailed and fish stick out like a sore thumb. I love it. I also have the forward facing sonar that is Lawrence but have buyers remorse with that and wish I woulda went with garmin. Face palm. Anyone wanna buy it off me?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to update my main graph this spring with one of the sales going. Stepping into the new century. Looking at a 9” unit, currently have Helix units. Will keep them and am not tied to any brand. Not really concerned with future live imaging, just want side imaging. I like ‘Bird mapping but no experience with others in modern times. Garmin is somewhat appealing.

Any recommendations are appreciated!
HB has $500 rebates on helix 9 and bigger through March. You could get into an SI unit for about a grand (search the net, Scheels is always good about price matching). https://www.scheels.com/p/humminbird-helix-9-chirp-mega-si+-gps-g4n/08232405819.html

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive been thinking about getting a SI unit also, current electronics are ancient...

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a helix 9 g2 mega side imaging I think I am going to sell soon, I want to do some upgrades this spring if I can make it work.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ended up getting a Garmin. Since my Helix units are old and not networking compatible I was open to other options. Maybe all the Garmin folks will be selling their 32 live scope tranducers in a few years too. I’ll be about 10 years behind the sonar trends lol.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked and i think i have the ticket for putting that thing on the troll motor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84