Site speed?

Toby2

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that is the line of 500 users waiting to sign up that we have heard about in the past.

Oh come on, it was a metaphor :eek: It's like a fishing report, I caught a 19lb walleye several days ago on some no name lake but didn't get an exact measurement and the battery on my fish scale died so I had to estimate on the smaller side of course. Then I went to take the picture but realized that my damn phone fell in the water after I was fighting said fish. My GF of 2 weeks decided to take the picture but deleted soon after because she had so many uploads of pics to the cloud that she needed the space. She said oh those are so yucky anyways. So I got rid of said GF and bought a new phone and in the process bought a small video recorder to come with me instead of a woman so I could capture said fishing adventures. All of the sudden there was so much dead quiet space, I wasn't catching anything for at least a month.

Low and behold I got pissed and went to the bar to stroke my ego a bit. Met new girlfriend and started catching fish again, lots and lots of fish. She started to get mad because I was gone all the time so I took her with just that one time...she told me that I was doing it all wrong and that is where the fight started. Only one of us came back in the boat dry. Guess I have never really heard from her again. I was never really that good at swimming. Man, I have to say this though, the fishing was good! Never forgot the fishing. This is all ::: just so everyone knows. Was fun just to free type again.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The number I'm looking at for bots is the almost permanent 2,000 lurkers. The numbers on that list are far to stable. once a bunch of members log in she starts to crawl. I am using a phone and it has been a bit faster as of late though. If the numbers on the list are accurate your getting hosed as a site owner because you should be getting 10 fold as many posts as you do.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean would you like some cheese with your wine?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toby are you sniffing paint thinner with juanr in his garden shed?

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean needs a nap, he's a bit crabby today, i run chrome and i pretty sure this site is so fast it just may break the internet. and on my iphone 16zlr with super booster capacitors and a camera so good is can see right through women's clothing its even faster. this site amazes me more and more everyday!

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh come on, it was a metaphor :eek: It's like a fishing report, I caught a 19lb walleye several days ago on some no name lake but didn't get an exact measurement and the battery on my fish scale died so I had to estimate on the smaller side of course. Then I went to take the picture but realized that my damn phone fell in the water after I was fighting said fish. My GF of 2 weeks decided to take the picture but deleted soon after because she had so many uploads of pics to the cloud that she needed the space. She said oh those are so yucky anyways. So I got rid of said GF and bought a new phone and in the process bought a small video recorder to come with me instead of a woman so I could capture said fishing adventures. All of the sudden there was so much dead quiet space, I wasn't catching anything for at least a month.

Low and behold I got pissed and went to the bar to stroke my ego a bit. Met new girlfriend and started catching fish again, lots and lots of fish. She started to get mad because I was gone all the time so I took her with just that one time...she told me that I was doing it all wrong and that is where the fight started. Only one of us came back in the boat dry. Guess I have never really heard from her again. I was never really that good at swimming. Man, I have to say this though, the fishing was good! Never forgot the fishing. This is all ::: just so everyone knows. Was fun just to free type again.

Wow fricken amazing lol

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean needs a nap, he's a bit crabby today, i run chrome and i pretty sure this site is so fast it just may break the internet. and on my iphone 16zlr with super booster capacitors and a camera so good is can see right through women's clothing its even faster. this site amazes me more and more everyday!

Tell me more about the camera...

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
not hijacking the thread, but internet, and smart phones have been crashing around Sturgis due to the amount of people. they even added temporary towers back on topic this site is fast enough for me

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hopped in the Delorean to pick up this bad boy!

Future-technology-Concept-iPhone-Pi-in-a-circular-design.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The site is lightning fast for me on my phone and two desktops. But I have a laptop that I still have all sorts of problems with. I get a DNS error about 50% of the time. Works great one click and then won't load on the next. And it pisses me off. I've tried everything but reformatting the damn thing and i can't get the problem fixed. Wish someone could tell me what the problem is. It's only this site.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Oh not crabby at all but by god that nap sure does sound like a great idea.....so yep that's what I'm going to do!:;:thumbsup

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
The number I'm looking at for bots is the almost permanent 2,000 lurkers. The numbers on that list are far to stable. once a bunch of members log in she starts to crawl. I am using a phone and it has been a bit faster as of late though. If the numbers on the list are accurate your getting hosed as a site owner because you should be getting 10 fold as many posts as you do.

90-95% are lurkers. Which is fine. We put on a show for them 😀

When I was talking bots, I meant registered accounts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46