Snow forcasted

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,Halloween blizzard in 1991,was a doozy
Very true, but all nearly all the snow was gone by the end of November and I remember pheasant hunting in shirt sleeves on Christmas eve day. One of the warmest winters I can remember.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very true, but all nearly all the snow was gone by the end of November and I remember pheasant hunting in shirt sleeves on Christmas eve day. One of the warmest winters I can remember.
I was building our house that fall. Almost gave up after the snow but it got much warmer. In January the carpenters were wearing long sleeve shirts outside. When we moved in during March it was cold.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
GFS seems to over predict snow and rain. The European model is usually more accurate as far as I can tell. When they match pay attention.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
GFS seems to over predict snow and rain. The European model is usually more accurate as far as I can tell. When they match pay attention.
Anything over 48 hrs out is wrong as a golden rule. That goes for both the Euro and GFS, but truth be told I think a lot of forecasters favor the Euro more that half the time.

As a seasoned weather forecaster once told me "if we lived on day ten in the models, the Earth would be uninhabitable".

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything over 48 hrs out is wrong as a golden rule. That goes for both the Euro and GFS, but truth be told I think a lot of forecasters favor the Euro more that half the time.

As a seasoned weather forecaster once told me "if we lived on day ten in the models, the Earth would be uninhabitable".
Looking at those long range forecasts is just entertainment.

ND-90

Looking forward to having enough snow to ride snowmobile, but as I get older I dread the thought of waking up to a blown in drive way! Need to sell the sled and invest in a utility tractor with a blower attached! The boy loves to ride so what do you do.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This morning looking at our long term weather models, sub zero temps coming south from Saskatchewan, here we go...

Upside this northern cold front should trigger the migration into over drive,we got that going for us.

After this MEA weekend pup and i will be headed west,considering hitting Bismarck area? Juries out right now,maybe Rolla area? Unless a significant snow dumps next week.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to having enough snow to ride snowmobile, but as I get older I dread the thought of waking up to a blown in drive way! Need to sell the sled and invest in a utility tractor with a blower attached! The boy loves to ride so what do you do.
You keep the sled for your son, and you go buy a tractor with a snowblower. Preferably a front mount blower, saves your neck and back.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forecast discussion is all over the place. Could turn into a Colorado low and be a banger they said. Could be a dusting. Too early yet.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last update I read from Bismarck NWS says accumulating plowable snow is increasing in confidence for western and north central ND. Fill those deer feeders fellas , gonna be a good week to hunt

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
The backend lows into the teens and highs upper 20’s Uffda that’s gonna move birds fast for the waterfowlers. Find cut corn you’ll be in heaven

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_6930.jpeg

Highs Friday and Saturday are 25 lows are 13
:sick:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I won’t trust anything in the forecast until Tuesday. They have been so wrong the past. But just in case, the snowblower is out of the shed and in the garage. 😩 I just hope that whatever snow we get melts within a few days. I’m still not over last year.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We put a 2nd coat of stain on the deck, and I got all the outside ready for wind and snow. Just need to tarp up the bathtub and start the snow blower, and that should just about guarantee we get nothing.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talking 4 to 8 inches for the Williston area for Wed thru Friday and all day freezing temps for at least 2 weeks. That's local temps around Tioga areas

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fill the feeders, grab the decoys take some time off work. These next two weeks will be worth it

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Snowblower is ready. Looks like it's going to miss the SE tho

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34