Snow Removal

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just purchased a new to me lawn tractor with a snowblower. I got to thinking, this might be an opportunity to move some snow for a few homeowners. Just curious; if you pay for snow removal, what do you pay? I know I'm a demon spawn for bringing up snow blowing at this time of year.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you have a really low trailer or really long ramps, you're better off only moving snow as far as you're willing to drive on the tractor itself. If you don't have chains and wheel weights yet, you need them.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
let me tell you snow removal is not what you think. People will bitch and be pissed no matter how good you do it. i used to love snow i mean was my favorite 3 years of snow removal and getting up at 2 am made me hate it

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
$50/ throw for my driveway out in the county. Takes a skid about 15- 25 minutes depending on how bad it's drifted.

- - - Updated - - -

let me tell you snow removal is not what you think. People will bitch and be pissed no matter how good you do it. i used to love snow i mean was my favorite 3 years of snow removal and getting up at 2 am made me hate it

I used to like snow also. Plowing for many years in college made me hate snow. I think I worked almost 50 hours straight one time. You turn into a zombie---But it paid the bills.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I had to have my neighbor do it after one of the blizzards. He rented a skid steer for the week. He charged me $60. Not sure if that was high/low or about right, but the drift I had in my driveway didn't give me a choice. However, he didn't make me sign a damage waiver and he did damage 3 sprinkler heads and tore up my grass. Those were easy fixes for me, so I didn't worry about it, but had he damaged concrete or my house, I would have talked to him about repairing damages.

If you decide to do it, I suggest getting a contract expert to put together a damage waiver for you.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will love the first time you get someone's garden hose stuck in your auger.

As will they.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I had to have my neighbor do it after one of the blizzards. He rented a skid steer for the week. He charged me $60. Not sure if that was high/low or about right, but the drift I had in my driveway didn't give me a choice. However, he didn't make me sign a damage waiver and he did damage 3 sprinkler heads and tore up my grass. Those were easy fixes for me, so I didn't worry about it, but had he damaged concrete or my house, I would have talked to him about repairing damages.

If you decide to do it, I suggest getting a contract expert to put together a damage waiver for you.

that was cheap. If it is under the snow the damage is your problem. Like concrete or any thing burried we dont fix. If we hit a building we do.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It came with weights, chains, and cab. I have an ATV trailer and a come-along. I'm gonna have to add a few lights to the rig. It has headlights, but one on top of the cab facing forward and backwards will be nice. I also have a 24in 2-stage for smaller areas.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a neighbor that went through knee replacement surgery right before the first blizzard. I moved snow for six packs. It was great. After last year, I'd like a year off from the snow blower.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a neighbor that went through knee replacement surgery right before the first blizzard. I moved snow for six packs. It was great. After last year, I'd like a year off from the snow blower.

My neighbor recently had back surgery. I have been taking care of the green stuff and thinking JayKay or GeeJay can take care of the white stuff.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to need to have someone do our snow removal this year as just had another back surgery and Doc said don't do anything that could hurt your back for a minimum of 1 year. This was my 5 1/2 back surgery and he said there won't be another surgery down there so take heed and listen. Wife said she could do the light snow snow removal with a shovel but anything involving being blowed or moved with skidsteer will have to be hired.
Any ideas for someone to do this reasonable in NW Bismarck? There is no one locally in our subdivision that does this. Kids don't have to work anymore it seems.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to need to have someone do our snow removal this year as just had another back surgery and Doc said don't do anything that could hurt your back for a minimum of 1 year. This was my 5 1/2 back surgery and he said there won't be another surgery down there so take heed and listen. Wife said she could do the light snow snow removal with a shovel but anything involving being blowed or moved with skidsteer will have to be hired.
Any ideas for someone to do this reasonable in NW Bismarck? There is no one locally in our subdivision that does this. Kids don't have to work anymore it seems.

One nearby neighbor does snow removal. I'll see if he goes to NW Bismarck.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't promise he'd be there right after every storm but if you ever need help my boy is always looking to earn a little cash.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say go for it because the more effort you put into getting this setup will undoubtedly lead to a proportional decrease in the amount of snow we actually get and I'm all for that! Give us a wet freeze up and a wet spring and skip that snow shit in the middle!

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trying to make money on snow removal is feast or famine. You will encounter hidden obstacles that tear up your equipment or the customer will put you at fault such as hydrants, lawn furniture, concrete curbs, flower beds, and tearing up lawn.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Move to Texas or Florida and snow will be your smallest problem. Lot of cheep houses on sale right now.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old timer told me many years ago, "if you are going to have a drought, have it in the winter". Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor recently had back surgery. I have been taking care of the green stuff and thinking JayKay or GeeJay can take care of the white stuff.

ahh, so.. THAT'S why you were wondering if I'd looked at NDA on Saturday...

Yes, I don't mind, when I'm blowing snow anyhow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14