Snowmobile hitch

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So was thinking getting a hitch for my artic cat. Looked online but there is none out there with out spending over $50 bucks. So I went over to the local artic cat dealer. He wanted over $100. Said no thanks. I guess I will go to the hardware store and buy some clamps and figure something out. What do you guys use? This of course would be for hooking a tow bar from the ice shelter. Could always just tie a rope around I guess.

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a short piece of angle iron and drilled three holes in it. Hose clamps though the outer two holes and around the bumper tighten them up. After that I trimmed both edges off of the flat part of the angle iron so the hitch part was in the shape of an A if that makes sense. Cost was about $2 for the hose clamps and maybe $1 worth of angle iron. I have pulled my otter lodge for 3 years like this and it’s never been touched since.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a short piece of angle iron and drilled three holes in it. Hose clamps though the outer two holes and around the bumper tighten them up. After that I trimmed both edges off of the flat part of the angle iron so the hitch part was in the shape of an A if that makes sense. Cost was about $2 for the hose clamps and maybe $1 worth of angle iron. I have pulled my otter lodge for 3 years like this and it’s never been touched since.
This is what I did too when I had my sled. Thumbs Up

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a piece of 1/4 flat stock that I drill a hole in and bolted it to the sled.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31