So did fishing buddy finally kick the bucket?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a compAny Christmas party last night, once again drank too many and completely blame fishing buddy

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whoa! You were sending Oval Bird dick pics? That's a hilariously bold move, Cotton!

negatory big shooter. Back then all pics had to be approved by a mod, naive young me was unaware, found a pic of a cat playing with a houseplant on a window sill, faintly in the background was a reflection of the photographer, not me, pantless. Tim laughed and decline to let it pass through. The Oval Bird bikini thing was much tamer...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do you get a name like oval bird? And Allen had bikini pics somehow? This is hard to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... can someone link to the Facebook debacle?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, I am pretty sure nobody in their right mind would like to see me in a bikini, or speedo. If memory serves, either Tim or OB posted a pic that just happened to have OB in a swimsuit. The internet, being what it is, went nuts and the pic came down shortly thereafter. There was nothing wrong with the pic other than it was Tim's GF and the responses were unnecessary.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
That about sums it up, although I don't think things got very nefarious or inappropriate, likely no more inappropriate than bringing it up 20 years later, holy crap, 20 years

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do you get a name like oval bird? And Allen had bikini pics somehow? This is hard to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... can someone link to the Facebook debacle?

It was posted on FBO once, I think the thread was named "what does your nickname mean" . The way I remember it was when she was little she was riding in a vehicle and she saw a pheasant and not knowing what it was she called it an oval bird and inherited the nickname Oval bird. Or something to that affect , It was a long time ago that I read it.

I hardly ever look at IFND but here is the link , I looked for the dumpster fire and I never did see it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/icefishingnorthdakota/

Cooz'sCatches

Thanks for the morning read damn near went through a whole pot of coffee reading all of this.

I never had a fishing buddy account, but once in awhile I ventured out to see some reports or forums on that website, I honestly thought it had been abandoned a few years back haha, thought admins were only running it or the die hards.

Overall my experience with NDA has be fantastic, but the IFND group on facebook has become a dumpster fire, more so a dozen bad apples or so.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we made the decision for Tim pretty easy. What a pain in the ass. The poor guy just went fishing one day and it started with a bluegill then continued with a cleaning station all within about an hour of each other and it's safe the say the site exploded with shennanigans. Guys at the tourney were even going to Tim to tell him what was going on. God forbid he enjoy himself for a few hours. Can't balme him for getting out of that shit. That could of been the most entertaining day on the internet ever though.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had an excited and scared feeling all day. What an infamous day in internet history.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
for me it was like watching a nice couple you know get into a big fight

a train wreck you couldn't look away from

Flanders

Wonder what ever happened to garage beer drinker guy. The guy that got in trouble for drinking too many brews all the time lol.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I was a member of FB since the begining, and spent a lot of time on there, I missed a lot of the chaos at the end. By end I mean when everyone ditched it for this site. What was funny though, as Vollmer started this site, they let him advertise it over there. There were links and everything, and they did nothing about it, at first. Then as everyone, and I mean almost everyone, left that site and came here, your couldn't hardly mention this site without getting the ban hammer dropped on you. No mod over there ever stated WHY they banned Vollmer. They just said it was obvious. He broke no rules over there whatsoever! He even said they could delete his thread right away when he first advertised his site, and said he didn't want to break any of their rules. They didn't think a start up site could take all their traffic away, but they were WRONG, in so many ways.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56