So i have glasses now....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got glasses for a month once. I thought they were stupid so I quit wearing them. Still passed the driver's test when I renewed my license this year so I must be good.:;:rockit

I left mine at home before I left for boot camp. That way I didn't have to wear those awful BC glasses.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before I had lasik I wore my contacts 24/7. Hunting or fishing with glasses is the worst thing in the world.

Now after lasik I can wake up in my sleeping bag in the back country and see clear as day (even though it's still dark out) and my eyes aren't dry and crappy from sleeping in contacts. And imagine Hunting for two days and not washing your hands ever and then putting in contacts. You are probably better sleeping in them. Ha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i tried to find the least hipster glasses i could, without looking like an old man

18f2f7ac0a5a947ac58dc6e77f3e72cb.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before I had lasik I wore my contacts 24/7. Hunting or fishing with glasses is the worst thing in the world.

Now after lasik I can wake up in my sleeping bag in the back country and see clear as day (even though it's still dark out) and my eyes aren't dry and crappy from sleeping in contacts. And imagine Hunting for two days and not washing your hands ever and then putting in contacts. You are probably better sleeping in them. Ha

Yes i sleep with my contacts on during trips like that also. I should get the surgery but i dont like surgeries on my eyes.

JigginJunky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daily disposable contacts all the way! Wear them once and done. Problem solved. Save the glasses for at home in the evenings.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha... skoal on your fingers putting contacts in - thanks for the trip down memory lane dirty!

crying-buckets.gif

f7_2003_97x

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lasik here too. Best $4000 Ive ever spent. I dont remember any needles but they use sharks with laser beams.

edit...shit i was late on that

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear glasses at night and when I'm hunting. For what it's worth, the only outdoor pursuit I found that blows with glasses on is archery hunting. All the rest I've managed.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and get polarized prescription shades. ON a calm day in clear waters, you'll be able to watch fat walleyes gobble your leech in 30 feet of water! No guff!! (Ok, some guff, but seriously, do it).

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear glasses at night and when I'm hunting. For what it's worth, the only outdoor pursuit I found that blows with glasses on is archery hunting. All the rest I've managed.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and get polarized prescription shades. ON a calm day in clear waters, you'll be able to watch fat walleyes gobble your leech in 30 feet of water! No guff!! (Ok, some guff, but seriously, do it).

already own costas so i have quality shades. May get a second pair with perscription....

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got glasses for a month once. I thought they were stupid so I quit wearing them. Still passed the driver's test when I renewed my license this year so I must be good.:;:rockit

How much did you pay the gal that gave you the eye test??????? Something aint right I say....

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
already own costas so i have quality shades. May get a second pair with perscription....

I'm just saying, polarizes prescription is the way to go because it cuts down on the glare and gives you the vision of a peregrine falcon. Plus, if you get that dank mirror finish, you can catch a nip slip on the beach from 100 yards out and your wife won't even see your eyes move! Win-win.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just saying, polarizes prescription is the way to go because it cuts down on the glare and gives you the vision of a peregrine falcon. Plus, if you get that dank mirror finish, you can catch a nip slip on the beach from 100 yards out and your wife won't even see your eyes move! Win-win.

prescription sunglasses are better than wearing contacts with sunglasses?

and yes, i will never own non polarized shades EVER.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much did you pay the gal that gave you the eye test??????? Something aint right I say....

Don't remember what my dear old dad paid back in the day. I think I was about 19 years old at the time and there were some flex money left to be spent so my eyes got checked. They helped a little, but not enough to make up for the BS of wearing the POS things.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 203
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58