So i have glasses now....

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally broke down and went to the eye doc. First time in ~12 years. Turns out my eyes suck - bad astigmatism. So anyway i got some new specs now. Its like im viewing the world through high definition now! really regretting not going in sooner to be honest. I ordered contacts as well.

My questions are outdoor related though - (keep in mind im a glasses newb)

1. Should i order prescription lenses for my costas? or just wear contacts while fishing, driving, day to day things etc? I wear them shooting skeet as well.

2. while hunting i rarely wear shades cept in the vehicle. I have buddies that wont wear contacts hunting because of wind, dust, etc. Any thoughts on this?

After just wearing glasses for a few days now, ive determined the lens fogging a major pain in the arse. Any remedy to that?

Any other tips, do's and don'ts for outdoor related stuff while having to wear glasses or contacts? Im all ears.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
$&@# glasses. I wish I'd have just stuck with sub-par vision.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never wear glasses while hunting/shooting. Always contacts. Pain in the arse to shoot archery with glasses.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fogged glasses when hunting in the cold or ice fishing and then stepping into a warm house suck, I wear contacts most of the time for hunting and fishing, haven't broken down and gotten Rx sunglasses yet, but I probably will for the days when I just want to wear glasses.

I'd recommend the single use, daily contact lenses. I used to have the ones you'd use for a couple weeks at a time, daily ones are way better. No more solution, no more contact lens cases, etc. I always just try to have an extra pair or two in the vehicle and at work just in case one goes to shit.

I'd love to get the laser surgery, still too chicken to do it.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
$&@# glasses. I wish I'd have just stuck with sub-par vision.

Yea, they are kind of a pain, but im still in "honey moon" phase right now. I CAN SEE!!

- - - Updated - - -

I never wear glasses while hunting/shooting. Always contacts. Pain in the arse to shoot archery with glasses.

never even thought about shooting bow. Good call.

Bucksnightmare

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always wear my contacts. The worst part for me is putting them In at 4 a.m to go hunting or fishing. A few tips is throw an extra one in your truck or backpack in case you lose a lens. I pack a little makeup mirror (I know real manly) in my overnight pack to put lenses in and out with. I don't recommend sleeping with them in as it makes my eyes way more sore and sensitive the following day.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you now see how gay fagro is.....haha
I can say that cause I just did

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your shooting skill at skeet suggests you see just fine you liar.

I need glasses too - have for the last 5-6 years. But I wore glasses/contacts from 10-40 years old. Then my eyes did the drift and I enjoyed a nice decade of no glasses/contacts. :;:rockit

Fox/coyote/duck hunting with glasses just plain sucks arse.... Really really bad. Even cold weather fishing and ice fishing. So I have fought getting new ones. I HATE them!

But now that you are going to look super duper dorky maybe I will get some too.

d642e2e8ee8936a2d0ccfa3a773f72fd.jpg

I hear Maui Jim does digital lenses now.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is strange, as i felt i could see OK. I squinted and strained a lot though. Now when i take these damn things off i literally cant read a thing.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is strange, as i felt i could see OK. I squinted and strained a lot though. Now when i take these damn things off i literally cant read a thing.

that ^^^^ I am very familiar with

and it's why I have fought for years to stay away - once you start wearing them you're f'd when your glasses get fogged up or you leave them somewhere ;:;banghead

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wore contacts for about 15 years hated putting them in early in the morning. I got lasik last spring best thing I have ever done.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always wear my contacts. The worst part for me is putting them In at 4 a.m to go hunting or fishing. A few tips is throw an extra one in your truck or backpack in case you lose a lens. I pack a little makeup mirror (I know real manly) in my overnight pack to put lenses in and out with. I don't recommend sleeping with them in as it makes my eyes way more sore and sensitive the following day.

I do the same!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags im gonna be in fargo next week. maybe martinslanding and yourself would like to meet for happy hour like the days of old.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear contacts pretty much 100% of the time, even while I'm sleeping. I hate touching my eyes so I just...don't. My hatred of glasses, fogging up or not, is more than having to install contacts. Couple thing's I've learned over the years:

-Don't take a dip before having to put contacts in.
-Don't put the contact that just fell out of your eye, in your mouth to keep it moist until a mirror is found.
-If you sleep with your contacts, give a big yawn and stretch before trying to open your eyes. Seems to get the lacrimal glands going for me.
-save up for laser corrective surgery because one day your significant other will surprise you with new glasses that are a "bit more trendy" and you'll end up looking like you should be walking on broadway in downtown Fargo with your skinny jeans, scarf, and whatever those hippies out east wear nowadays.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags im gonna be in fargo next week. maybe martinslanding and yourself would like to meet for happy hour like the days of old.

absolutely. Give me a call

- - - Updated - - -

I wear contacts pretty much 100% of the time, even while I'm sleeping. I hate touching my eyes so I just...don't. My hatred of glasses, fogging up or not, is more than having to install contacts. Couple thing's I've learned over the years:

-Don't put the contact that just fell out of your eye, in your mouth to keep it moist until a mirror is found.
-If you sleep with your contacts, give a big yawn and stretch before trying to open your eyes. Seems to get the lacrimal glands going for me.
-save up for laser corrective surgery because one day your significant other will surprise you with new glasses that are a "bit more trendy" and you'll end up looking like you should be walking on broadway in downtown Fargo with your skinny jeans, scarf, and whatever those hippies out east wear nowadays.

i tried to find the least hipster glasses i could, without looking like an old man, or john wayne gacy. (tougher task than it should be)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

wearing contacts at night is bad for the eyes dirtymike. Just sayin...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
wearing contacts at night is bad for the eyes dirtymike. Just sayin...

Yep. In 10 years of doing it my eyes have went from a -0.1 to a -0.15. I wish it'd hurry up so I'd have no choice but to get the laser surgery.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got glasses for a month once. I thought they were stupid so I quit wearing them. Still passed the driver's test when I renewed my license this year so I must be good.:;:rockit

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else that has vision that fluctuates ? Most days I can read the paper just fine but some days I need readers. Same paper same print.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33