Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It means analog is out you fool!

MRT.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
old school grinding/lapping "artisan" approach has limits - trying to correct for more than one issue (far/near/astigmatism) in one lens is non-trivial so they never turn out perfect

digital means CNC for lenses - computer controlled surfacing - capable of making the "perfect" correction lens for your flabby out of shape failing eyeballs.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
old school grinding/lapping "artisan" approach has limits - trying to correct for more than one issue (far/near/astigmatism) in one lens is non-trivial so they never turn out perfect

digital means CNC for lenses - computer controlled surfacing - capable of making the "perfect" correction lens for your flabby out of shape failing eyeballs.

ah, i see. (Pun very much intended)

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to here sdmf's take on this thread.

With my eyes - contacts give me the best roady view -- I can spot a rooster what seems like for miles. Sunglasses - maui with readers - that gives me what I need for the outdoors. Low light though trying to read something I am in trouble. I have prescription sunglasses however they are not mauis or any other brand name. I like em and they are clear. I bought my latest glasses at Costco and took a lot of heat from my brother who is a O.D. I got em and they seem very clear. Digital seems more like the norm now days.

If your 20 something have lasik. Don't wait till you need reading glasses as they cannot lasik the reading portion out.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags...I'm in the EXACT same boat you are. Got glasses for an astigmatism 3 weeks ago also. It is like ef'n magic I can see, especially at night. I ordered a pair of prescription Oakleys also. Not cheap, but great for hunting and driving.

I also had them put the invisible bi-focals in my sunglasses...way down at the bottom and out of the way. I got bifocals specifically for tying on jigs when I'm fishing.

Getting old sucks!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prescription Maui's give me better vision than do prescription Oakley or prescription glass-lens Costas.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
As soon as I got glasses I began stashing money in an HSA for lasik (tax free, I might add). Now I won't flinch at dropping $4k to have it done when the doctor gives me the go ahead. I have astigmatism and flat retinas. #flatretinaedfreak.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
As soon as I got glasses I began stashing money in an HSA for lasik (tax free, I might add). Now I won't flinch at dropping $4k to have it done when the doctor gives me the go ahead. I have astigmatism and flat retinas. #flatretinaedfreak.

Well, Atleast you don't have crazy lookin hooves like your buddy brad pitt

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I wouldn't know. Can't wear contacts. Touching my eyeballs gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Fun fact about Daniel Day Lewis (the guy in my profile pic): in the movie "Gangs of New York", he has to tap his glass eye with the tip of a knife. He really did tap his eyeball with the tip of a knife... but his eye is not glass.

...and that's how Daniel Day Lewis earned the privilege of being my avatar.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before I had lasik I wore my contacts 24/7. Hunting or fishing with glasses is the worst thing in the world.

Now after lasik I can wake up in my sleeping bag in the back country and see clear as day (even though it's still dark out) and my eyes aren't dry and crappy from sleeping in contacts. And imagine Hunting for two days and not washing your hands ever and then putting in contacts. You are probably better sleeping in them. Ha

Who did you have do your lasik surgery I need to do it? I always wear my contacts I don't like glasses at all peripheral vision sucks for me with glasses. Get some re-wetting eye drops and I can wear contacts all day long.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will not be ignored, can you now see little minneapolis or not. Maybe a stronger prescription is already in need...haha

If you ever look down to look over your glass to talk with some one...well that is just neat

- - - Updated - - -

I will not be ignored, can you now see little minneapolis or not. Maybe a stronger prescription is already in need...haha

If you ever look down to look over your glass to talk with some one...well that is just neat

- - - Updated - - -

Yurts out I have double vision too

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last pair of daily glasses cost $23.95 and I also got a pair of polarized prescription glasses for $80.89. Purchased last May from zennioptical.com. Have bought my last 5 pair from there and with the money I have saved I have bought a new truck.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who did you have do your lasik surgery I need to do it? I always wear my contacts I don't like glasses at all peripheral vision sucks for me with glasses. Get some re-wetting eye drops and I can wear contacts all day long.

TLC

- - - Updated - - -

TLC

- - - Updated - - -

No idea why everything is posting twice

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my eyes checked when I was like 8. I'm now 34. Camera 1 is still ok, camera 2 is broken. Close camera 1 I can't even read the 21" monitor 1 foot from my face. Can't pass the drivers test without cheating, they let me slide last time they caught me. Holding off as long as I can I guess. It's almost time though, can barely drive at night without getting tunnel vision. Maybe I should just get it over with.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 334
  • This month: 215
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74