So i have glasses now....

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm 54 and have had glasses since the 4th grade. Coke bottles for quite a few years. Switched to contacts in the early 80's and then had the Lasik surgery in 2007. WOW! I have 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other eye. I do use cheaters but small price to pay IMHO and I would have had to go to bi-focals anyways. I figured 10 years was the break even point cost wise. I hated glasses for sports and outdoors. Contacts were the cats meow until the Lasik!

For you guys that are thinking prescription sunglasses...... they do have cheaters that you can add on to your sunglasses. I have them on my Costas and they work great!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my eyes checked when I was like 8. I'm now 34. Camera 1 is still ok, camera 2 is broken. Close camera 1 I can't even read the 21" monitor 1 foot from my face. Can't pass the drivers test without cheating, they let me slide last time they caught me. Holding off as long as I can I guess. It's almost time though, can barely drive at night without getting tunnel vision. Maybe I should just get it over with.

I put it off for 3 years, knowing they would say what I didn't want to hear. I didn't have my glasses for deer hunting but had them for my last few pheasant hunts. As a sportsman it's awesome being able to see like I could at age 25. Is it a pain? Yes, but the benefits out weight inconveniences. Just get it over with.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had them since 2nd grade. You get used to being called a faggot after a spell.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had glasses since the 2nd grade they are a pain but you get use to it. I have transition lenses for the last 20 years and have prescription sunglasses for fishing and the motorcycle. I have to lift the glasses to read small print refuse to buy bifocals because the cost is stupid and if all I got to do is that I'm good with. the one thing I found out about transition lens is once you use them for a few years you have a problem with the bright days without them I tried clear lens a few years ago and had to get transition lens because it was hard to keep eyes open in bright light.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had glasses since the 2nd grade they are a pain but you get use to it. I have transition lenses for the last 20 years and have prescription sunglasses for fishing and the motorcycle. I have to lift the glasses to read small print refuse to buy bifocals because the cost is stupid and if all I got to do is that I'm good with. the one thing I found out about transition lens is once you use them for a few years you have a problem with the bright days without them I tried clear lens a few years ago and had to get transition lens because it was hard to keep eyes open in bright light.

Wow. Freakn' exactly...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last pair of daily glasses cost $23.95 and I also got a pair of polarized prescription glasses for $80.89. Purchased last May from zennioptical.com. Have bought my last 5 pair from there and with the money I have saved I have bought a new truck.

I knew John Kennedy sir, and you are no John Kennedy.

I will second zennioptical until the day I die. You get yourself a new pair of specs for $25-$50 including lenses, frames, coatings, and you'll sing all afternoon long. Heck, buy yourself 5 pairs (one for the bathroom, one for work, one for the boat...) for the price of one pair at an optometrist.

Seriously, for MOST vision issues, zennioptical is truly the stuff. I've had everything from Menards reading glasses (which BTW work just fine) to prescription Oakleys, and for the past 4 or 5 years I've worn glasses that cost no more than $50 INCLUDING A/R coating, etc. Not that they're for everybody, but I've been MORE than pleased.

My prescription sunglasses were less than $100, and are great for driving in the winter. When snowboarding or fishing, I use contacts and sunnies. The contacts have to be daily wear. I swipe them out and the end of the day, and in the trash the go. Someone above also advocated daily use, and I couldn't agree more. No more cases to deal with, dragging bottles of saline along, etc. I keep a pair in my tackle box, my glove box, my duffel bag, even my wading backpack.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. Holy eff. Never heard of this place. Balls.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
check it out. If you care, you can even take a picture of your face, and "try on" different frames, to see if you should go buy some skinny jeans.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 203
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58