South Dakota tribe to open....

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
These people that are against Marijuana just because it is illegal are just sheep. They believe what they are told to believe.
Nothing like someone with 4 or 5 dui's telling me I'm a loser because I smoke pot lol.

All the stuff that happens in Colorado or elsewhere where recreational Marijuana is legal also happens where it's illegal. Except for the part
about law enforcement spending big $$$ to catch kids dealing 1/8's and the citizens of those states having to pay the tab for a bunch of people to stay in jail on Marijuana charges.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
This subject is fun and since it is in the "Entertainment forum" and not the politic forum I will add a story for entertainment and stay on topic lol, reminds me of being in High school and showing cattle @ the state fair in the late 80's. Was always fun on rock concert nights. One night as we were sitting around our camp behind the barns the stoners would always come wandering by, a friends dad smoked and rolled his own cigs, one night some of the stoners came by and saw some of the disgaurded rolled cig butts on the ground and they asked if we had any more or "Those" lol. Being smart azzes we said sure come back in half hour. We had fresh alfalfa bales we grabbed the dried leaves out of and rolled up a dozen or so alfalfa leaves and sold them to the guys for 25 bucks. Funny part was they came around the next night for more, said it was the best stuff they had ever had, we gladly rolled up another batch of alfalfa and made another 50 bucks off them and laughed our azzes off for years over that one, we still bring it up on occasion.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
legalized marijuana is a minor issue compared to the highly addictive legal narcotics dispensed at every pharmacy.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could make a killing selling Alfalfa for $15/gram!!! Im sure it doesnt matter much at this point, but you can get in a lot of trouble for selling something legal, claiming it is illegal, silly as that is.
---------------
by Deborah C. England
Share on Facebook
Share on Google Plus

Question: I sold a baggie of aspirins that I said was OxyContin to a guy at a concert. After the show, I heard that there were undercover officers in the crowd. Could I be busted for selling fake drugs?
Answer: Yes. States and federal laws make the sale of fake drugs illegal, and you can even be charged with an attempted drug sale under some laws.
This article discusses laws on the sale of counterfeit drugs generally. For more information on specific drug laws, see Drug Possession Laws & Drug Charges.
Fraud

Taking money from someone under intentionally false pretenses is fraud. (18 USC § 1001.) Under the law, an intentionally and materially false statement relied upon by another constitutes fraud.
“Intentionally”

A person intentionally makes a false statement when he makes the statement knowing it to be untrue. You knew that the baggie contained only aspirin when you told the other person that it contained OxyContin, so you intentionally made a false statement.
“Materially”

“Materially” means that the false statement concerns a fact that is of significance in the context. So, when person intentionally misrepresented the baggie of aspirin as OxyContin to someone who paid to purchase (and believed he was purchasing) OxyContin, the intentional misrepresentation was material to the transaction. The buyer would not have paid you if the true contents of the baggie were known to him.
Of course, it is highly unlikely that a victim who was trying to illegally purchase drugs would report being ripped off by a dealer who sold him aspirin instead of OxyContin. But, selling to an undercover officer or a police informant could lead to your arrest for fraud.
Fake Illegal Drugs

Most states make it a crime to attempt to sell a substance on the premise that it is an illegal drug, even if the substance itself is not illegal. This is also a criminal fraud.
Man Convicted Of Criminal Fraud For Attempt To Sell Fake LSD

After following undercover agents to a hotel parking lot, a Missoula, Montana, man attempted to sell them a sheet of paper that he claimed was “blotter acid.” Even though the paper tested negative for LSD, the man was charged with criminal fraud and faced a five-year prison sentence and a fine of $50,000.

In another Montana case, a man was busted for offering to sell what he said was the drug Ecstasy but was actually flour. After he tweeted that he Ecstasy to sell, police officers obtained a warrant and found the flour, paraphernalia, and the phone he tweeted on in his apartment.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just imagine how many people use their insurance cards to pay for doctor visits to get narcotics. Then the insurance pays for the addictive narcotics at the pharmacy.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
For those supporting legalizing pot, please provide a listing of other drugs you would legalize and those you would not and why. I am just curious.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to a friends wedding shortly after Colorado legalized weed. The ski resort town we were in had a pot shop. We were sitting in the bar across the street on a Sat evening watching shaking our heads at the people going in. Some strolled in like they had been doing it all their lives, some looked around ot see who would see them go in.............funny stuff. But before we left I asked a couple friends there who are successful business owners to look around the bar (we could see the patio on the two neighboring bars as well) and then compare those people there with those they saw across the street in and out of the pot shop and what group they would be willing ot take a chance employing more people from. Hands down the bar crowd on a Sat evening won.

Another interesting experiment would be to go around the bar asking people if you can use their phone to make a call, then go over to the pot shop and ask the people there if you can use their phone and calculate the percentage of stoners/boozers that are nice enough to borrow a stranger their phone. I betcha we all know what the results of this experiment would be...

BTW comparing a bar crowd to people going in buying weed isnt a fair comparison at all. Weed has been illegal for a long time vs alcohol which is very socially accepted. If the drugs were reversed, you would see the exact same thing, sketchy people buying booze and regular people sitting around smoking weed observing them.

Things are definitely changing, for the better finally. There is a cost to society for all drugs, but in the case of pot, the cost is much higher enforcing current federal laws than it would be if it were rescheduled, as it should (hopefully will) be.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
the gateway drug were them fake candy cigaretes and the shredded jerky cans

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Law enforcement is losing the battle on the worst drugs like crystal meth right here in small town ND. Is legalized marijuana in colorado really a worry when there are hard drugs available in every town in ND?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bar crowd analogy is flawed for a couple of reasons. 1st it depends on the bar. Go to the Nestor in Fargo or some other shit bar and see how
many you would want to hire.

The other thing to remember is the professional, upstanding citizen type pot smokers are in the closet. They don't want to be seen.
The one's you're seeing out in the open don't have anything to lose and/or don't care.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those supporting legalizing pot, please provide a listing of other drugs you would legalize and those you would not and why. I am just curious.

First off, Lets get one thing straight , The only reason I am supporting legalizing pot for recreational use is because we are about to get it rammed down our throat whether we like it or not. I was not in support of full legalization until I saw that the tribes were going to cash in , If I could stop it I would but I can't so I am using a little common sense on the issue.
secondly, There are no other drugs I want legal , In fact I feel there are a lot prescription drugs that are many times worse than pot , that are easier to get and highly addictive that are overly prescribed and should be restricted more than they are.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Law enforcement is losing the battle on the worst drugs like crystal meth right here in small town ND.

:( yep - and why is this?

Guns, children, and drugs have been around a LONG time - suddenly the crap is hitting the fan unlike ever before regarding all of them. Pervs left/right preying on kids, psychos going nuts with guns, walking zombie druggies in small town U.S.A.

What's at the root of it? I have my ideas. And "more laws" aren't going to solve it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
:( yep - and why is this?

Guns, children, and drugs have been around a LONG time - suddenly the crap is hitting the fan unlike ever before regarding all of them. Pervs left/right preying on kids, psychos going nuts with guns, walking zombie druggies in small town U.S.A.

What's at the root of it? I have my ideas. And "more laws" aren't going to solve it.

A majority of it in my mind is the fatherless families. A working mom, with a few kids and a lower paying job, or likely 2 jobs has no time to do much more than put a bit of food on the table and head to the next job.
Or a fatherless family with a non working mother who makes her living having kids and getting as much as she can from society to fund her lifestyle.

Both scenarios are likely part of the cause, secondly is our baby boomer generation giving everyone a trophy no matter how little or non existent the accomplishment is. A sense of entitlement, and the Stuart Smallie(SNL) mentality.

Thirdly, political correctness is much worse at stifling the activity. It is much easier to give little jimmy a pill than actually give him a damn spanking.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trend away from religion.

Too much free time, not enough worry about survival

Entitled persons

Lack of morals

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prohibition proved Americans needed a vice. The 20's were not that far removed from when opium "dens" and other drugs were legal and the results of ALL mind altering substances from the time were kinda known.

The govt chose alcohol to be the "approved" vice. One can argue booze has ruined a lot of lives and has a negative effect on society and be telling the truth, but it is hard to argue that an addiction to booze has the same effects that impact society in differing ways as other harder drugs such as meth, heroin, cocaine ect.... (think inner cities here)

And it has been shown that while both alcohol and pot can be "gateway" drugs, most times pot is more associated with "moving up the chain" to the more addictive drugs and the consequences they have on society.

My question here is when we start legalizing things that were once illegal in the name of tax revenues and or "solving the problem" where do we stop? What drug is okay to legalize and which are not? 20 years after national pot legalization what other drug will be looked at?

What actions should be excused thru legalization and which ones should not.

So when kids see adults argue for legalization of things that are illegal, when they become adults what will they argue for the legalization of?

I still remember the feeling I got when we visited the Ward county jail in 3rd grade. Each of us kids were made to go stand at the back of a cell and the deputy slammed the door shut and left us there for a very short time that seemed like eternity. I raised my share of hell in high school and a little more maybe, but that slamming door sticks with me even today.

As I have said before, as a parent I appreciate the fear/concern that may exist in a kid of being locked up to keep them/slow them down from smoking weed/downing a Budwiser behind the dumpster in 5th grade.

I guess I am not ready to have my 17 year old argue that in one year he/she can legally smoke weed so whats so wrong with doing a little X now.

Family values and the truth is where it is at, If anyone here would know about that I sure would have thought it would be a farmer from a small town. I get your point and I share the same concerns as you but unless your real ignorant you already know The war against pot will never be won. You're further ahead accepting it and explaining it that way to your kids rather than trying to teach them that throwing billions of dollars at a lost cause is smart. If they don't already , Some day your kids will know more about this topic than you do. You can only bubble wrap them and pull the wool over their eyes for so long.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

There arent many others I would support legalizing. Maybe a few hallucinogenics like peyote and 'shrooms' cuz their potential for addiction is very low and they are relatively non harmful to the users.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST , Don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to shove my beliefs down your's or anyone else's throat I'm only exhibiting the facts. Sort of like calling a spade a spade. Haha As if you would know what that is about. ::: .. This is healthy discussion and it would be interesting to have a poll at the top of the page .

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Davy, I can guarantee you I was raised in a family environment where caring loving parents showed us by example the values they wanted instilled in their kids as honestly and effectively as parents as any one out there. Honesty and truth was first and foremost growing up. That is how I hope I am raising my kids.

And I still went out and raised more hell than most. So ya family values help, but a little fear of CONSEQUENCES for the law beyond the tough love parents give doesn;t hurt.

So explain to me how if I accept legalizing something that was not legal that people now claim is no big deal, how I do not look like a hypocrite to a 17 year old kid that wants x or some other drug THEY don't think is that bad legalized.

I mean if the argument is okay pot is no worse than booze ect....... than why should ANY other similar drug not be allowed as well?

People are picking and choosing what information they want to believe in regards to pot usage. There are proven long term impacts just like any other drug including alcohol, it is not all just munchies and odd humor.

In 50 years of living I have seen far to many times once the govt starts down the path of allowing something, or on the flip side disallowing something, it never stops where people thought it would because someone is ALWAYS making the argument "well if that is what about this". Throw in the "my rights" argument and the PC world we live in suddenly has NO boundries of what is or is not allowed or right or wrong .

So how long before the "we are not winning the war on meth" is used to justify legalizing it? Taxes on meth may fill the coffers as well.
There are "recreational" cocaine users out there, think of how high a tax we could put on that and the revenues it would generate.

The slippery slope argument has proven itself to be a valid one over the years.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not saying to accept the fact that pot is good or bad what I am saying is we are about to get this shoved down our throat, the supreme court won't be able to stop it. Now go back and read that again. My opinion and point is on a financial basis, Do we beef up our forces and sit on the reservation property line and continue to spend millions fighting it and pretend that if it's only legal on the reservation we are really keeping it away from our kids ? Or should we vote to legalize it and use the money that was spent fighting it plus the tax money for a better cause ?

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how long before the "we are not winning the war on meth" is used to justify legalizing it? Taxes on meth may fill the coffers as well.
There are "recreational" cocaine users out there, think of how high a tax we could put on that and the revenues it would generate.

Big difference is meth and cocaine are both addictive and KILL people, dead as doornails. I havent heard of anyone promoting legalization of any of the 'hard' drugs, but moving from a punishment to treatment philosophy would help a lot of people suffering from addiction.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88