Starting my podcast...

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So trying something new.... Decided to start a free podcast about fishing... I listen to alot of podcasts on my way to and from work... (I have a 45 min drive each way) they keep me entertain and its something different than listening to the same songs over and over ....

I've listen to a few fishing podcast and seems like there strictly "interviews" which isn't a bad thing but I really could care less to hear about joe shmoe talking about the different bass rigs hes using in south Carolina ...

I'm setting up my podcast differnt. They will begin with a story or stories if I get lots of them (right now I'm just telling personal stories but would love to hear from you)

Then if there's something "news worthy" I'll maybe touch on that.

Then I think I'm going to pick a topic to talk about at the end of each episode. This week I talked about boat batteries and my recent experience.

Please keep in mind this is episode #2 .. they will get better (hopefully ;:;boozer)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ep-2-talking-19138085

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome! Is that the only place to listen to it? I use podcast addict all day long at work, do you know when it will be available on there?

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am trying to get it on to major podcasting places like Spotify iTunes Stitcher ect.. ect but you have to pay like a monthly hosting fee kind of like you do with a website... That's why I put it on patreon.com If people want to help support so I can get it on to major places like that that would be awesome ... Plus I'm including alot of bonus stuff when you sign up... and a RSS feed link to link it to podcast addict, beyond pod and a few other minor apps....

I'm not really pushing the patreon thing right now because I don't have very much content to begin with... I did however randomly acquire two patreons like the first day so I included a brief summary of it on the beginning of this podcast of what the patreon thing is about...

I do believe however patreon has a mobile app and I think you could listen to it on that for free as well :)

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it man! It is tough putting yourself out there for the world to see. We tinker with videos and have had GREAT responses from people. Good luck!

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I love it man! It is tough putting yourself out there for the world to see. We tinker with videos and have had GREAT responses from people. Good luck!

Thanks!! it's really hard to go back and listen to your own voice I found out hahah I think I sound aweful but I guess everyone thinks that about there own voice ;:;rofl..

I've tinkered making videos to and I still trying but I don't get out fishing as much as I would like. Plus on the spot when the camera is rolling I have a hard time... Podcasting allows me to pause the mic and think about what I'm going to say next and start recording again without it sounding choppy and peiced together.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11