State B Girls BB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
unless you coach, or have a kid/grandkid on the team, who really cares?

I could not tell you one thing about the schools teams of which I graduated from, just really never cared. Am I a bad person for my who gives a crap attitude?
Never gave a second thought to any old girlfriends either, not a concern once I no longer am involved

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watford city vs park river in the early semi.

North star ( cando/starkweather) versus Shiloh Christian in the late semi.

- - - Updated - - -

you don't follow class b girls basketball dirty? and you call yourself a sports fan anyone who can sit through a 23-14 game is a true fan....haha how about a pool for the b boys with a dirty custom lure as the prize.

- - - Updated - - -

cando has a 6-5" girl but got into foul trouble early last night and FCT made it closer than I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

you are from washburn aren't you? haha I have the privilege of working up in underwood/washburn 2-3 days a week and its safe to say no one likes Shiloh up that way.

Yes I'm from Washburn. Hopefully the boys can meet up with Shiloh in the region tournament and maybe beat them! I played against Shiloh in highschool and disliked them then, were talking 20 years ago. They had a couple damn good players then and were rated #5 I believe in the state when we played them. We gave it a good effort, but lost by 7. They were in our district then and still are. Oh, I did not go to school in Washburn. Moved here 9 years ago.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
you typed all that and still managed not to make a pick.....good lord:;:
and you coach for Shiloh;:;ban

Ill take watford vs Shiloh in the finals. Yes I coached for Shiloh. I have become too busy to coach again this year, unfortunately. I really did love being back in the baseball game. Believe me, I could have made 4x the money coaching at a public school, but I had an opportunity and took it.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't follow girls basketball much. I do have a know a few of the players though. Hell, I played against Shiloh in baseball for years. Hated them. Never did I think I'd coach baseball there but crazier things happen. Still kinda itch from the jersey though.

I found myself listening to the district 5 boys bball tournament while driving home last weekend. Can't remember who was winning but they put a hurting on the other team.

but I digress. Until basketball has designated blood time, it's still second tier to me.

The only reason I started this thread was to let my students watch a little after the test. I can't watch much girls BB.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
unless you coach, or have a kid/grandkid on the team, who really cares?

I could not tell you one thing about the schools teams of which I graduated from, just really never cared. Am I a bad person for my who gives a crap attitude?
Never gave a second thought to any old girlfriends either, not a concern once I no longer am involved

I guess I was just trying to have some fun on a slow Friday afternoon, sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

I was joking with dirty mike had no ill intentions

I guess growing up class b small town you follow it every year regardless if your team makes it because you know, work near, are related to people who are playing in it.

if this thread bothers you jonhr why even post on it?

- - - Updated - - -

am I a bad person because I follow class b basketball even my team doesn't play in it, my sisters team lost out, and I graduated 15 years ago?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No offense to me, was just rambling on, everyone enjoys different things and that's all good.
Sure didn't mean anything with my nonsense post.
Enjoy the games guys.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
too much cawlidge Hawkey on tonight to watch the girls in action. Penrose Cup is ours!!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite couple weeks of the year is when class b state tournaments are on tv.

Too bad Shiloh won last night. Nobody likes the private schools. I'm hoping watford can kick em. They looked good yesterday.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Class b should be based on community size. 5,000 within 100 square miles(measured 10 by 10), you are class A. If the privates cannot compete, they can form their own league. Ndhsaa wants to know why the state tournaments, which was the most watched event in North Dakota 20 years ago, is now televised on a sub channel of a tv network that only has a tower in 4 cities within the state. Shiloh, Ryan, oak grove, and the trinities is their answer. 16 years ago Shiloh, which is a borderline for profit school with no real church affiliation, that flashes their cash like some oil rich private Texas school, took the fun out of the whole thing.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
thank god!! this thread would not be complete until we have a little more Shiloh,Trinity,Ryan, Oak grove bashing going on. how much did North Star lose by last night? did they not have a chance to hit a 3 at the end to win it? is north star a town? or is it a collection of schools in a fairly big area that probably has a bigger enrollment than most private schools? sounds like the 14 school co-op teams just need to get a little better at playing tourneys. because both of shilohs games could have went either way til down the the clutch.

I have no affiliation or anything whatsoever to do with any school at this point in time. like Jdinny, growing up small town you watch and recognize names of past generations.

- - - Updated - - -

just think its funny when someone from a town that has a 72 letter named team bitches about the private schools in the "city" like they actually recruit with money or something. stop bitching and beat them. no one bitches that you have 46 schools in your co-op. I have relatives that do this all the time and it drives me nuts.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, your wrong. You have a school that's located I a town of 70,000 people. I think the pool of kids that you can draw from is a little different than having a town of 900 people. The small town you get what you get. In Bismarck, if your parents have the money, you can play class b and have a better chance of going to state. Simple as that. To say these private schools in big towns don't have an advantage is stupid.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
to say that parents In ND would actually pay money for their children to attend a school just for "the chance to play at state" is assinine. maybe they pay for a better education or a potentially safe environment. You do realize there is another private catholic school in Bismarck right? so if Shiloh is a Christian school, then I suppose there "pool" of kids to choose from just got smaller. Now if i'm a parent who wants my kids to excel and be noticed on a higher platform for a potential larger role in sports in life I sure as hell am not going to send them to either of those schools. I would say century or BHS has your best shot at exposure. ie Wentz, Dressler, etc. I hope to send my kids to St.marys when they get old enough, and it has nothing to do with sports, its so they don't have to do common core math or any other Obama shit.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
My picks were way off last night shows what I know. Just settling in watching the game. And I have no beer at the house. Fk me

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
on a side note I had to run to runnings today so I took river road in from the north. I was impressed to see a collection of 20 or so kids with a local school known for superior distance runners out running getting a jump on the track season. . . . any kids out in small towns getting a jump on the competition? I supposed this school has more kids to choose from there for there dedication is higher right?

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
to say that parents In ND would actually pay money for their children to attend a school just for "the chance to play at state" is assinine. maybe they pay for a better education or a potentially safe environment. You do realize there is another private catholic school in Bismarck right? so if Shiloh is a Christian school, then I suppose there "pool" of kids to choose from just got smaller. Now if i'm a parent who wants my kids to excel and be noticed on a higher platform for a potential larger role in sports in life I sure as hell am not going to send them to either of those schools. I would say century or BHS has your best shot at exposure. ie Wentz, Dressler, etc. I hope to send my kids to St.marys when they get old enough, and it has nothing to do with sports, its so they don't have to do common core math or any other Obama shit.

Yup, agree 110% But I am pulling for WC.;)

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

I personally know parents who have done what you think is asinine. Now I've heard, and its probably true, that some parents are sending their kids to smaller B schools outside of Bismarck so they can make a varsity. In a big school like Bismarck they must not have the skills to any PT.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally know parents who have done what you think is asinine. Now I've heard, and its probably true, that some parents are sending their kids to smaller B schools outside of Bismarck so they can make a varsity. In a big school like Bismarck they must not have the skills to any PT.

Where I'm from boys basketball is considered a girls sport.

Not going to get into it again, and it's not the schools fault, but a lot of rich parents manipulate the system any way they can.
Oak Grove for example.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to see another private school get a championship. Must have been a good recruiting year...;:;popcorn

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
interestingly enough this was the ultra-powerhouse class B Shiloh Christians first state title in ANY sport. perennially good sports teams, yes. Dominant championship recruiting powerhouse, no.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33