Sunglasses!

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you wanted to go with cheap shades I would recommend Flying Fisherman brand. For right around $20 you get a pretty decent pair of polarized shades and you aren't too broken up if they do fall in the lake! The only downside is that the lenses do scratch pretty darn easy, but for $20 they are worth it IMO. I do also have a pair of Oakley's that I love too. But, unfortunately, I am one of those guys that tends to lose sunglasses often so the Oakley's don't make it on the boat very often!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are any styles or brands better for air circulation ? I'm ok driving and lounging but when i'm working get sweat in my eyes and off they come

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a pair of costa José’s off for repair and ordered a pair of costa reeftons with 580G lenses. As always, Amber lens with green mirror. I can’t say enough about the glasses.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are any styles or brands better for air circulation ? I'm ok driving and lounging but when i'm working get sweat in my eyes and off they come

Tifosi has several models with vented lenses. Check in bike (pedal not motorcycle) shops as that is where that brand is popular.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get polarized and get Smith. Frames are your choose. A copper or dark amber lens is the best all around lens for fishing everywhere. If don’t use your
glasses for fishing, you could just get black.

- - - Updated - - -

I wear Fortress eyewear sunglasses. Relatively cheap but fairly good glasses and I can afford multiple different les colors. I like to see the fish I’m catching

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smith makes some great fishing specific glasses. I have glass and plastic lenses and I do like the clarity of glass a bit better, but they are heavier, so I find myself wearing plastic a bit more.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
I liked my Oakley Polarized before I had to get prescription glasses. Now I just can't see crap fishing with my transitions lenses.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Oakley crankshaft polarized. Spend about 150 more than I have ever spent on glasses with those but I think they’re worth it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've gotten polarized prescription (bifocal) shades through Walmart the past several years.

No complaints, other than I tend to lose a pair right before I need them for a lengthy trip.

With vision insurance, they are about $80, without I think they are nearer $250.

I was up at New Johns today and saw more fish (no sh!t) than we caught. A pike and a walleye in about 6 ft. Right off the edge of the south boat ramp even.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
20130707_113821_zps824187fc.jpg

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I use sunclouds, $50 a pair, typically last me 2 years a pair before I upgrade to a new pair. I wear them year round, best brand I have found for durability

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costa Rincon for me. I used to have Natives that I liked fairly well too. Either are good but I definitely have noticed the Costas are higher quality and fit much better.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you got a 90k Ranger, you need $500 pair sunglasses....:boating:

I thought the 90k sparkles came with the white framed glasses standard? If they don't come with white framed glasses and camo Huk underwear, I'm out on the sparkles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84