Sunglasses!

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costas all the way with the green mirror lenses. I have 2 pair and won't go with anything else.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have light sensitive eye's,typical with blue eyes I guess,living in the high country for 20yrs always had good sun filtering sun glasses,"sun cloud" or "varnet" neither has polorizing lenses.

Today I use Costa,damn good investement,new version has ultra thin glass,lite weight and come with a life time warrenty whether the lense get scartches somehow or you sit on the darn things costa with repair or replace.One pair for fishing and every day wear and a different pair for hunting with rose tint.

Good idea to try em on 1st as they have 3 different frame sizes,got a big melon here so large frames for me.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
A lot of us snowbirds in AZ wear those el cheapo Sprawl Mart over the bifocal glasses you buy for a grand total of 20 bucks! Don’t laugh. They are polycarbonate, surprisingly good optics, fishook proof, polarized, and resist scratches and abuse pretty well. Best of all, if they do scratch or you lose them or drop them in the lake, you are only out 20 bucks and a trip to Walmart Mart or CVS. Step on em or drive over em and they go crunch, but it’s not a wallet painful crunch!
the downside - they make you look like you are blind, especially for old farts with canes and nothing looks more dorkey, specially if you wear them riding a bicycle! No arguments there. But who gives a darn. Beats cataracts when in the sun all day.
We retirees always joke about them and call them “AARP OAKLIES!”

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the above nods for Maui Jims, but mostly due to their customer service. I bought a pair in Mexico, at the resort's jewelry store. The nose piece broke after some hard use, so I printed up a repair form online and mailed it in, no receipt, not even sure if they were still under warranty (it had been at least 3-4 years).

They fixed the nose piece, replaced all the worn rubber and the tech working on it sent them back for free with a hand-written note thanking me for my business. No cost out of my pocket except the few bucks to get them there in the mail. I'm a sucker for a good company with customer service.

danl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blink Eyewear in Bismarck is where i got my Maui Jim's. I personally like the brown lenses.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I vote the Wiley X. Been wearing them for years. Very tuff!

What lenses do you have? I am thinking about getting a pair of the wiley x just need to find a style now. I have usually just wore $20-$25 pair of sunglasses am going to step it up around start at $100-$150 wiley x and if I don't loose them or break them maybe jump into a pair of costa's. I should be able to wear the wiley x for work sometimes too as they are safety rated.

KCP

I use sunclouds, $50 a pair, typically last me 2 years a pair before I upgrade to a new pair. I wear them year round, best brand I have found for durability

X2 Available at Scheels now, ordered from Amazon before.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite lenses to look through were Kaenon. The only issue was eventual scratching of the Polycarb lenses(I've never been dainty with shades). I ended up going back to 580G Costas. The lenses are very hard to blemish and they cut glare very well. I've spidered a couple pair(stupidity) and I've sent them to Costa to receive a new pair with a nominal fee. I have been using the amber base lens with green mirror and silver mirror. My melon is on the large side so having 3 sizes to choose from helps as well. I have been successful at nabbing Corbinas on EBay for around $150 brand new from verified sellers without too much searching. Good luck! Once you get a good pair, you can't go back to the gas station specials anymore.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84