Texas

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Refinery is doing major shut-down overhaul. thousands of contract workers
When marathon bought out the refinery a few years back most of the local contractors and trades that had been subcontracted out for years Were terminated. Now they bring in subcontractors from the Texas and Oklahoma (mexicans) because it’s cheaper.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When marathon bought out the refinery a few years back most of the local contractors and trades that had been subcontracted out for years Were terminated. Now they bring in subcontractors from the Texas and Oklahoma (mexicans) because it’s cheaper.
This right here... Know a few guys that were booted from the refinery for out of state workers. So much for hiring local...must be way cheaper shipping guys up her and paying hotels etc...i also wish these companies were held responsible for the guys they bring in(yes have been issues)..I believe the railroad bridge over the river they tried to hire as many local guys as possible.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
i also wish these companies were held responsible for the guys they bring in(yes have been issues)
Remember when servepro and clean tech hired all the non locals to come help clean up in minot after the flood, and then fired most of them within a week or two. there must have been a couple hundred of them aimlessly roaming the streets 24/7

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of the companies that had a contract with them for years needed to be fired as they were loading up thier billings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 26
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9