Thanks Little Minneapolis

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
if we are going to allow persons to be punished for crimes they may commit in the future, we are doomed.... Max Mad era coming up, I need more guns.... ooops, hope Joan doesn't read that..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we need a list of things that should be taken away if some one pisses you off and you deem them dangerous

1.hammer
2.baseball bat
3.screw driver
4.vehicle
5.boats
6. aw hell any thing that can be used as a weapon and kill people

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeez guys. It's easy to conquer us sportsman, if the second someone disagrees with you, you tell them to get the hell out. Sounds like a bunch of politicians here. As soon as someone disagrees with me, they're dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the guy doesn't agree with you, so now he's automatically an idiot? Wow.

The thing is, I am pro-gun. But he has a point.

I get it though. There are already laws against felons or people who've committed domestic violence owning a gun.

For the record, I think people who break laws should face the consequences, not have the law changed to suit them. See the "legalize it" thread.

I asked a question, I didn’t tell him to do anything.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hammers kill far more people each year than rifles. This legislative session could go down as the biggest disgrace of a session in history. Thank god for initiated measures

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked a question, I didn’t tell him to do anything.

Ri-ght. Asked him if he'd considered moving to MN, to be near his people. I see what you did there.

Whatever.. I'm against gun control. I just think the guy has a point, and I don't necessarily like people getting jumped on, for their stance.

Divided, we fall.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I read the article linked a page or so back and thought this was interestingly vague.

House Bill 1537 would allow family members and law enforcement to seek a court-issued “public safety protection order” preventing somebody from possessing a firearm for up to one year, although a judge could extend the order. A petition could be filed because a gun owner has committed or threatened violence in the past year, has been convicted of or arrested for domestic or sexual assault or has been cruel to animals, among other reasons.

A lot of words and no definitions, I really liked the "among other reasons" added at the end. WTF does that mean?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Among other reasons could mean “because they voted republican”

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ri-ght. Asked him if he'd considered moving to MN, to be near his people. I see what you did there.

Whatever.. I'm against gun control. I just think the guy has a point, and I don't necessarily like people getting jumped on, for their stance.

Divided, we fall.

He’s entitled to his opinion, as am I. I’m for limited government including laws, especially laws that potentially harm freedoms listed in the constitution of the USA. I will not support those who want to harm the 2nd amendment. Not now, not ever.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Among other reasons could mean “because they voted republican”

Why would they be concerned about that? Based on some of the sponsors of the bill I’d be worried some Republicans want to take our guns! Seems voting Republican is far less safe for the 2nd than the Republicans would like us to think!

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said, I will agree to disagree, but maybe you can explain it so everyone can understand. I did not attack anyone, just said to look at it before jumping to conclusions. Everyone has to jump all over someone who doesn't agree with everything they say. I thought this was a place we could discuss things and share opinions, but I guess not if you disagree with people.

I did jump to one assumption and pulled the trigger on my message a bit fast, if you are into pistols or shotguns you may not be familiar with kentucky windage. it is a term to adjust your shot without adjusting your sights for wind.

To place my stance, I am against undo process. I have read several articles regarding these sort of policies and have been around enough people that there is too much error for this sort of rule to be abused.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
However, in today's world they are re-aligning crimes where a felon no longer serves a sentence in prison because now they're coined a 'non-violent' person. Drug Trafficking isn't considered a violent crime, yet look at the violence it creates in the community, schools, medical facilities, etc. The guy trafficking the drugs is the worst, even more so than the street guy selling individual packages.

As this occurs our society continues to erode because the standards are eroding as well.

*payed for by Nancy Reagan, just say no

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would they be concerned about that? Based on some of the sponsors of the bill I’d be worried some Republicans want to take our guns! Seems voting Republican is far less safe for the 2nd than the Republicans would like us to think!
that is true, however liberals live to take guns away from republicans. well all americans actually, but liberals don't believe other liberals own guns. It was simply an example don't take it to heart lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious what those of you are in favor of this law feel about the asset forfeiture law

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch point of View with Chris Berg right now as they are talking about this.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree with others that this bill is a very slippery slope. However, I'd bet that there isn't one of us on this site who hasn't at some time asked the question "Why did that person even have a gun?" And in many cases they were not supposed to be in possession of a firearm but attained one anyway.

Haven't read the whole bill so I can't comment about the actual language. I can comment that a phrase like "and other reasons" is clearly open to all kinds of problems and interpretations.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Speaking of hammers.
They do not always kill but about three weeks ago it sure did hurt and it sure did bleed.
Mash to 1/16 inch so took nail and meat off, bottom skin, wrap to top and sew on. db

Attachments

DSCN9170.jpg
Last edited:

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
This is a violation of the 2nd,4th and 5th amendment and I will not stand for it. Complete bull crap, I’m so sick of politicians they do nothing but create more laws and erode freedom and I’m not just talking about liberals, republican politicians are just as bad. Time to limit government to what it should be, they have abused their power for far too long. Wake up people, this is just a backdoor gun confiscstion.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
db , Like the old timers would say , that'll learn you. looks like It will hurt when you are out in cold weather for a couple of years , I learned the hard way too.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes it does hurt when i hit the cold weather Davey but i thougth that would go away. Guess not. Dumb. And they said the nail will probably come back so will need to cut some more off to get rid of the nail, Cannot wait for that. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51