That time of year again

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
All i know is i am already seeing the fast food garbage along roads out this way and its only early season. Gee cant wait till we are deep into duck, pheasant and deer. Not sure if its ND or MN guys. I didn't stop to check any wrappers for zebra mussels...

Nmariner

Established Member
I haven't hunted my uncle's quarter of land North of Bismarck for a few years due to all of the trespassing. I have had signs torn down multiple times. The guy who still tries to hunt it has lost several trail cameras over the last few years. Just sickening that you can't even enjoy hunting anymore without worrying about someone stealing your things off of private property.

Nmariner

Established Member
Mathewsman. Part of the reason is lack of time and the lack of mature deer. Before the winter of 2011 we had 3-5 mature bucks on camera a year. Since then we are lucky to have 1 passing through. I have been heading out to the grasslands instead. Way more fun to stretch the legs and spot and stalk. I actually hung a treestand and put a camera out the other weekend so I hope hunt a bit this year. The shitty thing we believe it is neighbors doing it. There is really only one place to park without messing up the hunt so they know whether you are there or not. The other guy hunting it had tried to lock the cameras to the tree they simply busted open the camera to pull the card. He has placed cameras in hidden out of sight spots and has pictures just hard to tell who it is unfortunately. Also thinking the neighbors may have something to due with the lack of deer as I have heard shots well after legal shooting hours while walking out. If someone will shoot deer after dark I am sure they also have no problem shooting multiple deer a year

- - - Updated - - -

There are getting to be too many disrespectful people these days. Two weekends ago I watched two guys in a pontoon bowfishing. They shot and shook 3 fish back off the arrow back into the water before I finally confronted them. This was in the middle of the day on a Saturday inWhispering Bay, Bismarck. They claimed they were keeping them....

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
These threads ALWAYS make me giggle. Everyone fights over birds, be they ducks, geese, pheasants, grouse, or doves when the weather is nice. However, bring some cold, snow, and wind into the mix say during Late October to January and it's AMAZING how few bird hunters are afield. I rarely run into another bird hunter or group of bird hunters once November rolls around and I don't mind that one bit. I've learned to save on my frustration levels and wait until the fair weather hunters stay warm and dry at home to watch football before heading into the field. Until then, the walleyes are chewing. Carry On!!!

I usually don't hunt pheasants until after Thanksgiving. For me bird hunting is more enjoyable when it's cold and there's snow on the ground. And you're correct, not another hunter in sight.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know diddily squat about bowfishing but don't they shoot carp? Is the issue wasting the carp, over limit, or leaving dead carp around? Not disagreeing with your assessment, just curious?

Nmariner

Established Member
Yep just shooting carp. The problem isnt so much waste of game(Most carp shot are used as fertilizer in gardens/fields), but its a developed bay on the river so the dead carp would be washing up on peoples shorelines.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know diddily squat about bowfishing but don't they shoot carp? Is the issue wasting the carp, over limit, or leaving dead carp around? Not disagreeing with your assessment, just curious?
Its illegal to throw fish back in the water or up on land after you shoot them. You have to keep them and dispose of them properly so they don't create a mess.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88