the 410

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 1st gun I bought on my own was a Remington 582 tube-fed 22. I saved up S & H Green Stamps til I had enuf books. I think that was 1965, and S & H had a store in Bismarck.
I walked in, was under 18 years old, gave them my stamps, and walked out with my new 22!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is a house east of LaMoure about 3 miles that was a Sears and Roebuck house. It came in on a train. I believe everything was cut to size.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't they used to make a house out of aluminum panels that you assemble on site? I believe there is one on the east side of Finley right along the highway.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a house east of LaMoure about 3 miles that was a Sears and Roebuck house. It came in on a train. I believe everything was cut to size.
There’s one E of Bismarck near Tom Ness’s kennel too.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when I lived in the unholy eastern part of the state, I found myself shopping for new digs and one of the rural places I looked at was just a few miles north of Larimore off of Highway 2. Opened up a closet under some stairs and the Sears stamp was still plain as day on the 2x4 framing. Ended up not buying the place and decided to move a little farther west and south.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back when I lived in the unholy eastern part of the state, I found myself shopping for new digs and one of the rural places I looked at was just a few miles north of Larimore off of Highway 2. Opened up a closet under some stairs and the Sears stamp was still plain as day on the 2x4 framing. Ended up not buying the place and decided to move a little farther west and south.
You were in Larimore, not LaMoure. Im sure you knew that.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You were in Larimore, not LaMoure. Im sure you knew that.
Right, that's what my post said. You must have been spying over my shoulder though, because I did originally start typing LaMoure, but corrected it before I posted.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I remember correctly the .410(3in) has to withstand the same chamber pressure as a 3 1/2in 12ga: 65,000psi(?...): Pop and kerblam.

I once emailed Remington to produce .45 Colt bbls for 870's/1100's, etc and received a Democrat/ambiguous response: Maybe should've tried Hasting's...

FUN FACT: Slug accuracy can be improved in Rem. shot/slug guns by shimming the notch in the receiver with cut slivers from aluminum cans.

That is all.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have started my daughter with a couple different 410 now. One is a little youth with a rear sight and adjustable stock (it's all plastic) I picked up for like $150 a little over a year ago and this year for turkey got a Stevens single shot with turkey choke and mounted a prism scope on it for turkey season, never got to pull the trigger but still had a good time out trying together. I've had a guy that coaches youth trap league tell me that starting a kid on a 410 is a horrible thing because its an experts gun and will just discourage them, but I hear of so many that started out with 410 and what they have successfully shot and figure he can have his own opinion. Me on the other hand some day's there isn't a shell with enough shot for me to hit it seems like, guess that's a sign of needing to practice more.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I vehemently agree with the coach. I've read many expert skeet/trap shooters refuse to pattern their .410s because the anemic patterns would screw with their heads.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88