The Best American President

BigWalleyeCatcher

@BigWalleyeCatcher , pretty glad ya started this "I'm right and your wrong thread "?
I guess some people enjoy arguing with themselves. Carry on. . .
It has nothing to do with with me being right or wrong. It seems to be that half of this community looks up to Trump as their grandmaster. People act like Trump did no wrong? I don’t think he is the worst president ever nor close to it but the best? Man that’s an insane statement to make. You have guys in here saying Trump was a better president than Lincoln and Washington. For all those that commented I appreciate it, it was just a simple question that didn’t need to turn into a full blown war. Hey maybe Trump will hide the documentation of this chat😂.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trump complains about everything being corrupt……he had 4 years to change that and didn’t. Can you say that’s the best president ever? Seems to me he is no different than the other numb skulls in office. They all say they are fighting for you but in the end they make more of a cluster f@$& so they can try and justify their spots in political office. “Hey vote for me I am fighting for you” mentality but no change. Now I am not saying a lot of stuff he did was not good because it was, but the best…meh. I will give him credit for being the best president we have had for showmanship as well as brining politics to the forefront of America. People on both sides that didn’t have a clue about politics started paying attention when Trump ran.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have taught this content for years… if you are trying to tell me that published analytics sources are incorrect then that is a path that I’m not willing to go upon. Washington was born into a plantation complex. His father bestowed upon him slaves at 13 years old. Due to Virginia Law he could not under statute free his slaves. Had he, they would have been broken up and shipped to other plantations rather than emancipated. It was not until his death that his inherited slaves were freed. If you would like to contest this here are some objectively driven sources….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_and_slavery#:~:text=Privately, Washington considered plans in,aversion to separating enslaved families.

https://www.mountvernon.org/george-washington/slavery/ten-facts-about-washington-slavery/
Correct, he could not set the slaves free because of the Virginia Statute. But that doesn't mean he was required to purchase additional 8 slaves after inheriting 10 from his father. Point 2, you can find a website that says pretty much anything if you look deep enough. Can you support your claims with any actual peer-reviewed scholarly articles? I hardly look at Wiki as a reliable source when trying to make an argument, and a website straight from Washington's home is hardly credible in itself. You're better than this.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you even mean by that? I walked that commenter around in circles. Comments that provide nothing but a bias opinion and no objective facts don’t deserve a response. I never laid claim to a pedestal. I laid claim to objective facts! If you take five minutes, literally five minutes to do any research on Mt. Vernon you will understand the complications of Washington’s slave population. Jackson forced thousands upon thousands of Native Americans to March to insufficient lands. He promised food, water, and a safe journey. Not a single one of those was met! I am not going to sit here and support a commenter who believes that arguably the most racist President in history deserves to be in the “greatest of all time conversation”. When you are ready to have a mature conversation I’m here. For now you can show your mother this participation trophy I’ll send you home with🥈
Nice condescending post, what was expected out of the self proclaimed smartest fella in the group

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have taught this content for years… if you are trying to tell me that published analytics sources are incorrect then that is a path that I’m not willing to go upon. Washington was born into a plantation complex. His father bestowed upon him slaves at 13 years old. Due to Virginia Law he could not under statute free his slaves. Had he, they would have been broken up and shipped to other plantations rather than emancipated. It was not until his death that his inherited slaves were freed. If you would like to contest this here are some objectively driven sources….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_and_slavery#:~:text=Privately, Washington considered plans in,aversion to separating enslaved families.

https://www.mountvernon.org/george-washington/slavery/ten-facts-about-washington-slavery/
Oh that explains it all now, just another liberal professor…… they always think they are smarter than everyone else yet they have to teach because they can’t do a real job.

BigWalleyeCatcher

Correct, he could not set the slaves free because of the Virginia Statute. But that doesn't mean he was required to purchase additional 8 slaves after inheriting 10 from his father. Point 2, you can find a website that says pretty much anything if you look deep enough. Can you support your claims with any actual peer-reviewed scholarly articles? I hardly look at Wiki as a reliable source when trying to make an argument, and a website straight from Washington's home is hardly credible in itself. You're better than this.
He purchased slaves that were not connected to his fathers will… had he not they would have been sold and separated from their families. “You’re better than this”.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think anybody gives 2 shits about slaves from the past or who was the less shitty president. The goddam fish are biting, go do something.
Correct about slaves. You couldn't buy a good one now in the first place.

How does the desire to catch a fish affect the Earth and transgender people wanting to become queer with the right to abort pregnancy? Have you considered the total carbon footprint of catching a fish along with the fear of violence and racism?!!!! I'm being informed the Earth's climate can be directly attributed to racism.

Anyways; even as Lunker and I are dismayed how this thread still languishes in "General Discussion" it's important to discuss ideas until devolvement to the "Fucktard/No you" scale: The 1A is a gift from God and is protected by the 2A. IMO.

That is all.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3647.jpeg
There are two perspectives on this. First off liberals have dumbed down public education so far that now we follow other coutries in that regard. Another view is public education is more like public indoctrination, and the longer you go the dumber you get. Dictators love the stupid, the poor, and the unarmed.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do not think this is a serious question without knowing the actual metrics we should be using to rank them. Having the judges choose the metric(s) breeds more conflicts than reasonable discussions.

Nice example of pot stirring!

DakotaGreg

Established Member
According to Historian Murray Rothbard, the best president was William Henry Harrison because he died right away. If the metric of a good is how well a president follows the oath to uphold the constitution, then the standard ranking of best presidents from grade school is completely backwards.

Best presidents: Tyler, Pierce, Cleveland, Coolidge, Jefferson, Monroe, Harding, Van Buren
Worst presidents: Wilson, FDR, Lincoln, Johnson, Truman

Constitutional Historian Brion McClanahan

Lincoln Historian Thomas Dilorenzo

Who was worse, FDR or Wilson?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do not think this is a serious question without knowing the actual metrics we should be using to rank them. Having the judges choose the metric(s) breeds more conflicts than reasonable discussions.

Nice example of pot stirring!
Isn’t this more of an opinion question??? You therefore set your own metrics. Asking the question and having a conversation pot stirring? Only for the people that can’t handle an open conversation that may go against what they believe and in that case why are you even reading this?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn’t this more of an opinion question??? You therefore set your own metrics. Asking the question and having a conversation pot stirring? Only for the people that can’t handle an open conversation that may go against what they believe and in that case why are you even reading this?
You and I should have a fishing contest one day. We can both be winners without a common set of metrics.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You and I should have a fishing contest one day. We can both be winners without a common set of metrics.
This question is a contest? I took it as more of a conversation piece. I guess I stick my head out of the box every now and then…carry on.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This question is a contest? I took it as more of a conversation piece. I guess I stick my head out of the box every now and then…carry on.
Based on the "conversations above", I think I'll stand pat. Look how it encouraged our own rabbit trail.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84