The Best American President

★ Legendary Member
George Washington under law wasn’t able to solely free slaves himself. Slave plantations were often owned by families rather than one individual family. In order to free his slaves which he tried to by the way, all family members would need to agree to emancipation. They did not hence Washington remained a slave holder. Washington is best known for his rather fair treatment of slaves. He never overworked them, they had proper living quarters, acess to food and water 24/7. Prior to his death he wrote a living will that when he passed his 123 slaves were to be freed. What else would you like to test me on lol.
I'm sure if those slaves where still here and we could ask them about their time as a slave for Washington they would respond with: The experience could only be described as staying at a Marriott. Can you also explain how he could not deliver them their freedom without the family consent, but upon his passing he could write it in his living will that they are to be freed?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the worst part about this whole thread is that everyone contributing to the bantering back and forth only further contributes to the "green participation ribbon" philosophy of society where everyone feels as though they have to be right and the bickering won't stop. State your opinion and let it be. If an ankle biter wants to contradict everything you say, good for them, that's their personal problem with themselves, not yours. Come, state your opinion, then be done. Acting civilly usually begins when the bigger person makes the choice to accept that others will disagree and that's ok, no need to fight for the green ribbon. Anyway, just my .02

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the worst part about this whole thread is that everyone contributing to the bantering back and forth only further contributes to the "green participation ribbon" philosophy of society where everyone feels as though they have to be right and the bickering won't stop. State your opinion and let it be. If an ankle biter wants to contradict everything you say, good for them, that's their personal problem with themselves, not yours. Come, state your opinion, then be done. Acting civilly usually begins when the bigger person makes the choice to accept that others will disagree and that's ok, no need to fight for the green ribbon. Anyway, just my .02
Preposterous!

Are you high?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread reminds me of ford vs gm or browning vs beretta...

We alll have our own opinions....

Boy would ya look at the time...to f ing hot to bbq,might as well crack a cold one.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe i missed it. but, if not, i also recognize why.... especially, on this site. but, political leanings aside, FDR was definitely the right man at the right time who did of lot of good for this country. he's certainly in the top 5 on my list.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Luckily Truman was smart enough to stop him from "packing" the supreme court. Was surprised to learn Laura Ingalls Wilder hated him. Still, your post has merit.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
maybe i missed it. but, if not, i also recognize why.... especially, on this site. but, political leanings aside, FDR was definitely the right man at the right time who did of lot of good for this country. he's certainly in the top 5 on my list.
FDR - created welfare

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88