The Dog Thread

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this one is funny. that pic was taken the day he moved in? otherwise known as the day the sheriff came to town...

he was maybe "in shock" as he had just been flown in from MI in a crate - and had crapped himself - ha ha

after a good bath he was bouncy/trouncy fun fun fun - but every time we picked him up he'd go limp like a ventriloquist dummy (puppy instinct - like how they go limp when carried by scruff of the neck?)

it was hilarious - he'd just go rag doll limp and watch us out of the corner of his eye when he got picked up - he seemed more primate than dog - we laughed a bunch

- - - Updated - - -

we've been laughing ever since - he's an entertainer

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
2.jpgMWD LLegend(Narcotics/attack) The last dog I worked before getting out of the USAF. His named is spelled with 2 L's because he was born is the Militarys puppy program.
3.jpg
This is MWD Ben...I worked him for 4 years until his retirement and passing. My first dog that I ever lost while in service. Love this dude!
IMG_2855.jpg
MWD Oran...My very first military working dog and best working dog! Saved my life one time by protecting me against a guy that beat up my partner which then the guy came after me...needles to say Oran gave that guy a few more holes in his arm and both legs.

Wow, that is freakin' awesome. Well done, sir!

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our 2 dogs, Scar (lab) and Tikka (shepherd). We just got Tikka this spring.

She loves hunting with Dad and brother.

And she also loves fishing!

11078196_10153731285928056_8072711545605078072_o.jpg

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I'd start one. Post your dogs, current and former, here.

Weimaraner/Golden Retriever mut and a MACHINE in the field. Very smart, does tricks, very protective of mom and kiddies, can digest anything (ask me how I know), more personality than any human I know.

DSC00182.jpg

your dog looks calm and likeable in these pictures

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
DSC_0104.jpgPICT0060.jpg
This is my best friend. Wire hair lab cross he is an avid hunter that loves to find pheasants. The only way to keep him out of the water is carry a shampoo bottle. Then he is a trembling fool. What is it with dog that make them scared of a bath??:confused:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
fdd18969-a9ca-4230-9ef1-a1c585d9c049.jpgfull-27992-325645-sunbathing.jpg
This is my best friend. Wire hair lab cross he is an avid hunter that loves to find pheasants. The only way to keep him out of the water is carry a shampoo bottle. Then he is a trembling fool. What is it with dog that make them scared of a bath??:confused:

former governor Jesse Ventura is a waterfowl hunter? I thought you went off the grid after suing Chris Kyles widow...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
PA280006.jpg This is Rusty 1st dog we had, put him down a age 4 due to 2 blown out back knees :( :(DSC01160.jpgThis is Gunnar he's now 8 1/2 :)

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy, he's 2yrs gone, made it to nearly 14:

IMG_0034.jpg

Knight, he's 9:

IMG_0035.jpg

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
My golden, Hoyt. My buddies yellow lab, Bernie. Both 3 months in this pic. Pic was about a month ago. image.jpg

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any experience with or even heard of a Irish Setter/GSP mix? Theres a few males and females that are ready to go in town and my wife is pushing hard to get one. I was leaning towards a pure bread gsp but i may give in and let her go pick one out this week. I haven't been able to find very much info on these on the interwebs so i figured with all the geniuses we have around here someone should know a little about them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted behind four Small Munsterlanders last week, what an absolute joy. Like hunting with four bouncy trouncy Tiggers full of fun. Lots of double pointing, etc. What nice little fellas when not hunting too.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drake

This is Drake, a purebred Chocolate lab
7 years old and still jumps around like a moron when he figures out we're going hunting.
WP_20141212_003.jpg

He's great with kids, but he will eat your ass if you're from the Post Office or UPS -- he's undecided on the FedEx guy so far.

WP_20151009_003.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted behind four Small Munsterlanders last week, what an absolute joy. Like hunting with four bouncy trouncy Tiggers full of fun. Lots of double pointing, etc. What nice little fellas when not hunting too.

Family friend has a giant munsterlander. That dog can jump. And like you said, nice dogs out of the field.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce went on point on this critter this weekend. a first for me.

common?

image.jpg

yes, coon are fairly common in nd..........

so did you get covered in red mist when you pulled the trigger? PERSONALLY, i would've taken a few steps back

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I walked away. I had a pet coon or two in my youth and saw no reason to whack him.

Had I been fur hunting maybe - but was about 1 mile from truck.

I know coons are common. I was wondering how often they sit around in nests in cattails waiting for dogs to point on them?

- - - Updated - - -

Stop taking my damn Major Award Guy.

I think the system is wacky. I came back from two days of no posting last week - posted once - and wham - I'm Mr. Activity.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1