The Unknown Lakes

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering if anyone watches how/where walleye are being stocked. Or have been stocked in the past 10? years. Should give us a general idea of some of the lesser known, and smaller lakes that could produce. Hasn't Buffalo Lodge been stocked with walleye for the past # of years? Seems like that lake could have potential. Any other lakes, that you think might be worth a poke at, taking stocking #'s into account?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been burned by the reports as well as coming out like a fat cat. They're pretty hit and miss. Lake brekken, by turtle lake, should have the best walleye fishing but I have yet to hear of consistent fishing there.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a mighty big list...lots of fishing to be done trying to find that little lake that you can pretty much have to your own.

I've tried a couple and have had decent luck. Not sure if I want to disclose any names just yet.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Northerns in Buffalo Lodge like the Walleye stocking too.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone ever try night fishing buffalo lodge. I heard of many big walleyes spotted by guys spearing pike this year.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opinion here, if it's a brand new lake (never had fish before, or has dried up and refilled since the last stocking) typically will take about 2.5-3 years to find 14-15 inch walleyes (there are exceptions). Lakes that are continually stocked with fish and have numerous species (walleye, perch, pike, etc.) it's a lot tougher to try and put a guess on when they will start really producing fish because the forage spectrum is so much more complex. What's made the fishing so great in ND recently on a lot of these smaller water bodies is the fact that fish are stocked for multiple years and they eventually overcome the populations of forage fish. When you get that crash, fishing gets really crazy good and it can last for 1-1.5 years or it can last for a month, depends on a number of factors.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone ever try night fishing buffalo lodge. I heard of many big walleyes spotted by guys spearing pike this year.

Might go try this weekend. I've had good luck there even midday for walleye

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 334
  • This month: 231
  • This month: 193
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 80