This guy seems to deserve it...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One of the things to remember about the constitution is that basically anything not covered by said document is determined by the states. Now some court decisions it seems they are pretty liberal about what is covered by the constitution. Pretty sure game laws are not covered as there were no game laws when that document was written. So does that mean that all game laws and penalties are up to the states? Depends on the judge I guess.

In my field, for many years the federal government was never involved in education. Then the Education Department was started and money offered which allowed the federal government to start telling us what to do. For me I have never agreed with most federal rules involving education. Most programs have no checks and balances and end up being tremendously wasteful. Even good ideas seem to make a turn worse by the time everyone gets their ideas in the works.

So, does the federal government have any benefit to State Game and Fish dealings. Only one I can think of is Fish Hatcheries benefit this state.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Retired Educator, Federal tax on sporting goods such as fishing , and hunting equipment, guns ammo all go to states for habitat acquisition,/ improvement, more/improved access, wildlife breeding/ restoration. One of the few taxes that directly benefits those who pay it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the things to remember about the constitution is that basically anything not covered by said document is determined by the states. Now some court decisions it seems they are pretty liberal about what is covered by the constitution. Pretty sure game laws are not covered as there were no game laws when that document was written. So does that mean that all game laws and penalties are up to the states? Depends on the judge I guess.

In my field, for many years the federal government was never involved in education. Then the Education Department was started and money offered which allowed the federal government to start telling us what to do. For me I have never agreed with most federal rules involving education. Most programs have no checks and balances and end up being tremendously wasteful. Even good ideas seem to make a turn worse by the time everyone gets their ideas in the works.

So, does the federal government have any benefit to State Game and Fish dealings. Only one I can think of is Fish Hatcheries benefit this state.

As my kids go to a private school, I can only chime in on the general process. The Feds have always handed out monies as a bait to get city and state education systems in-line with some national standard. One has always had the option of saying "no thank you". Of course, you also forfeit the monies the Feds were offering.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88