Toads!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive got a few acres out by menoken, and this year, there are toads everywhere out there. Most are the size of a quarter, but some are up to 3 inches long... Anyone else seeing a heavy toad population this year? I read online that toads can live up to 30 years and eat up to 100 insects / day!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toads are darn near plague level in Ottertail county. Was visiting a relative and their cabin on Blanche lake and you couldn't even walk outside after the sun went down without stepping on one. Dogs were perplexed, to say the least.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have lots of little ones jumping around the house, and also some huge ones. Also seeing a lot of little crickets, so maybe that's why?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toads are a good thing to have around. They don't hurt anything but the bug population which is a win in my book.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alot of werid things this year. Seeing crickets in June, normally not till August, mourning doves are bunched up on the roads like its the end of August, all this makes me wonder if winter is coming early this year.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only downside to toads is them digging in soil for their dwellings and them falling into window wells and dying. Other than that, they eat a pile of unwanted bugs and crap all over the place.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alot of werid things this year. Seeing crickets in June, normally not till August, mourning doves are bunched up on the roads like its the end of August, all this makes me wonder if winter is coming early this year.
Maybe nuclear winter, if the dems keep escalating this russia war...

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was mowing last night the leopard frogs were lousy. I’ve never seen them like that before. Craziness.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

You should see all the acorns we have on the oak trees this year, they are hanging in clusters like a grapes on a vine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88