Top of the Morning!

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The nurse/flu shot givers, were in the office on Friday. I opted to pass on it this year, as I have a feeling they are putting the covid juice in with it. I have lost trust in our government and the sneaky shit they are doing.
I said the same thing last week when they were doing them. Not for me this year. Maybe down the road, but maybe not.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning, fellas. Might have to turn the heat on going forward, or soon anyway.
The oldest kid has two weeks to prep for the regional x-country meet. The middle kid is chomping at the bit to play basketball, healing well from the collarbone break.
Looking forward to the weekend and some fishing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Gents! Cool and Crisp this morning at Fort KDM. Soybean harvest today for me and probably for the next day or two. Serious yard cleanup this week. I plan on snow by Nov 1. I know, poo poo on the "S" word, but it's a fact of where we are. Catching a piece of wire or a chunk of wood or an errant extension cord or hose with the snow blower...SUCKS and my x-ray vision to see through snow has been busted for years. Anyway, be safe out there and keep posting up those hunting pics for those of us that aren't participating much. Thanks!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My new pup jumped over the box I had set in front of the basement stairs, a whole lot of yelping happened but I don't think she broke anything but her pride. Learned a good lesson I hope. LB

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'
I did a little fishing yesterday. I'll post a report when I have a little more time. The forecast looks awful windy for the next few days so I think I'll tackle some garage projects. Maybe sip some fine beverages as I do.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! Another beautiful morning with a slight breeze and the sun just rolling up over the ridge. The coffee is splendid for some reason this morning. Another day of harvest today. Been coughing up bean dust all night from yesterdays efforts. Seems no matter what side of the truck I'm on, I'm downwind with the dust blowing right in my face. Been runnin' in the mid 50's for all you ag folks. Had on small breakdown, but hopefully full speed ahead today. Be safe out there guys.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning! Sent the kids to school today in T-shirts and shorts. Told them to enjoy it, because by tomorrow summer is done (at least for the next 10 days). I, personally, am immensely anticipating the forthcoming frosty weather. Leaves are falling quickly, and that sharp bite of sub-freezing temps in the AM when I let the hounds out gets me giddy as a newlywed when his bride turns to lock the bedroom door.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why the hell is a newlywed locking the door for? It's to late to realize any mistakes that may have been made
Unlock the door and RUN! ha

Top of the morning gents. I hope everyone is killing the things, catching the stuffs, and eating the yums. I'm going to chase the Mrs. around the house most of the day. Happy Hump Day !!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a good day my friends. Looks like next week will be a good week to button down the hatches for winter. LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bean harvest is over. Worked for 3 days with a cold. Felt like shrite the whole time. Bouncing in a tractor with a stuffed head isn't enjoyable. Feeling a bit better this morning, so with coffee, a bit of rest today, and a good weekend, I'll be back to my old, ugly, ornery self. Be Safe out there guys.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Bean harvest is over. Worked for 3 days with a cold. Felt like shrite the whole time. Bouncing in a tractor with a stuffed head isn't enjoyable. Feeling a bit better this morning, so with coffee, a bit of rest today, and a good weekend, I'll be back to my old, ugly, ornery self. Be Safe out there guys.
Good morning. I’ve been feeling like crap as well lately. There must be a bug going around. I was going to close up the cabin, but I think I’ll give it one more week.

Headed to Cooperstown tomorrow for the regional x-country meet.

TGIF

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pup was in the back kennel when 3 deer ran through the garden. First time I think she has seen a deer. Didnt take her long to get to the back steps, she just wasn't sure about them. Kind of wanting to take her bird hunting with the Lab and she how she does. Nose is always to the ground checking things out. Must be that half Basset blood in her. The other half is Corgi. She is tri colored black, brown and white so looks like a short legged Beagle with no tail. Super smart, can figure stuff out pretty quick, but also dammed stubborn sometimes. House breaking is 90% done so thats a plus, another week and that should be done. And she can run. For having short legs I am impressed cause she can keep up with my 7 year old lab when I take them for a run. Might make a bird dog out of her if I am lucky. Take care everyone, signing off. LB

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Morning gents - 3rd cup of coffee down the hatch. Love my Friday's off - got some errands to run this morning, then gonna take the boat down to Audubon later this afternoon after the wind sits down a bit...fall bite should be heating up. Hope everyone has a fantastic fall weekend...get outside and enjoy!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning! Got a weekend home to get some honey-do work done, then I'll be heading to 2H Wednesday evening to spend a few nights in my truck and try to stick a buck with my bow (found a miiiighty juicy draw on public land last year with a nice scrape line that I've been dying to get a few sits on). Going to use it as scouting for rifle opener, and hopefully find a travel corridor to fill my doe tag quickly Friday so I can spend the rest of the weekend butchering and hanging with the family. Happy Friday everyone!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. We are headed to Cooperstown to watch our oldest run in the Regional X-Country meet. A bit windy and a bit chilly for a race, but hey, it is still an even playing field for all.

Not sure how many days it has been without chew, but that's going better than expected. Pop, on the other hand, although I have not bought a pop, every pop I have found hiding ANYWHERE I have devoured. Those are about to run out, though.

Hauled sheetrock yesterday, helping my cousin out. It made me feel 19 again, but then it didn't. :ROFLMAO:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75