Top of the Morning!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I scratched the frost off the pickup windshield this morning. Just south of Bismarck. Coffee tastes really good today!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. I have taken the day off and am headed fishing. Going to see if this system goofed them up or not.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Morning - coffee in hand...ready for the day! Truck getting serviced at 8...gonna telework few hours this morning...clean out the garage this afternoon...cocktails and brats tonight...determine wind situation on the big lake for tomorrow and decide if I'm going to venture out on the water. Hope everyone has a terrific fall weekend!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Boys! Got a shot of rain last night so the yardwork is off for at least the morning. A bit breezy this morning. Got the go ahead for another apple tree, so might be picking those this morning. Just made a fresh pot of coffee and hoping the sun burns through the overcast today. Be Safe Out There!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Mornin' Boys! Got a shot of rain last night so the yardwork is off for at least the morning. A bit breezy this morning. Got the go ahead for another apple tree, so might be picking those this morning. Just made a fresh pot of coffee and hoping the sun burns through the overcast today. Be Safe Out There!
The rain was a welcome sight. We are so dry up in the Minot area.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good morning. I have taken the day off and am headed fishing. Going to see if this system goofed them up or not.
How was the bite V? Looks like it's gonna blow pretty good tomorrow and Sunday...might not make it out.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
20220924_070108.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin" Fellas. Hope you all have a great weekend. Me...I'm doing some sheet rocking to a wall I finished insulating yesterday. Yippie. Some of those excess screws I found will soon be doing what they were meant to do. Be Safe Guys! Shoot straight or catch a bunch.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning! I hope the waterfowl hunters are having a blast! I’ll be cutting a few trees and doing some long awaited burning today.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! Finishing up the sheet rocking today and then taking it easy. Cool and Crisp this morning and the sun is just trying to peek over the ridge. Be Safe out there guys.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Morning. Cleaning up vehicles this morning, starting a pot of chili, and likely some football later today.
Coaching the kiddos basketball team this evening.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning! Cut up the Carmel I made last night after salmon fishing with my son-in-law. Carmel to be used on apples now coming ripe on our tree. Picked a few cucs from our tiny garden. Time to get ready for church. Daughter invited me over for kneophla soup after!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to do a little house cleaning in morning and then set and watch the Vikings with an ice pack on my neck to see if I can get the swelling down from the last two radiation treatments. For some reason my "waddle" really swelled up and I need to get the swelling down before next treatment on Monday or my head and neck will not fit in the mask they made to hold me still on the table. LB

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. Looks like a good week of working weather ahead. I talked to a number of kids that had success with the youth deer season. It was fun to see their excitement as they told their stories.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning! Just sitting here at the office, drinking some coffee, and reminiscing on what I will deem a Top 3 duck opener in my lifetime. Got to hunt with my two best buddies simultaneously for what's probably been a 6-year hiatus. Far, far too long. We all agreed we have to start getting together regularly, and I'm sure we'll commit to it.

On top of that, my young pup at 7.5 months go to experience a North Dakota pothole wonderland. He did fantastic: Sat on his dog table all morning, handled a half dozen ducks (literally handled them -- went out, mouthed them and played with them, and eventually got coaxed into bringing one back to me). But the highlight was when he tracked down a cripple and caught it in a cattail chunk. We were all hooting and hollering and slinging out "good boys" like candy at a ticker-tape parade.

I have a full week at work, which actually makes my job easier. I'm taking Friday off to get one more whack at ducks before they're molested by the non-residents. May even be able to afford another morning. We shall see.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin'! Got a busted truck, so off to the mechanic we go this morning. An nondescript hum and vibration in the front axle. Oh Joy! Then butchering a hog and maybe some chickens. Fall harvest is such a busy time. Be Safe Fellas!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning! I’ll be taking Gavin in to the Dr to get his collarbone checked on. Then back to work. Might have to mow again this evening.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Radiation at 2;15 then home to pick maybe 50# tomatoes before frost. Going to be leaving a lot on the vine but the season has to end sometime. Shipped about 60# of veggies off to work with the wife and I am taking 25# of tomatoes to Fargo with me tomorrow. New puppy likes to sleep on my bare toes in the morning, she makes a good foot warmer. She is a handfull
but glad we got her. Will have to tell the story someday. LB

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84