Upcoming road construction - Williston

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, its the time of year I guess, where we'll be b8tching about the DOT projects.....
the biggie in Williston is.........

We got drift about a month ago, they'll be shutting down Hwy 2 west from the bridge heading west from 11th st down by Wild Wings all the way to the intersection (light) where OK Tire is located.
Our shop is on the frontage road, called 2nd street, down by Ok tire, so we got front seats to the show this summer.

They will redirect traffic at 11th St, going west all the way till you get to 139th Ave NW then turn towards Hwy 2 til you get to the light, then you go west back on Hwy 2. Both East and west lanes will be shut down to make it clear.

The big rigs are to use the truck route west and north of williston to make it to the East side of town to 1804, I can already hear some unsuspecting drivers swearing already, so get ready for the shit show peeps all begins May 1st is what I'm hearing

And...for those of you that know Williston..there's one more thing...if you think you'll use Front street to navigate west or east...surprise surprise...they'll have that intersection by Ok Tire/Mccody concrete closed too, as they redoing that too, so forget that....lol yep summer is in the air....

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
1804 east of town will be redone too.. will be a real suck sandwich trying to get out to the lake for the evening bite...

i would not planning on pulling a train east on 1804 out of williston this summer...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea they have stakes a long ways out from the highway on 1804 east of Williston. Gonna be a huge mess this summer. I have to go that way for work everyday I'm on. Gonna be a shit sandwich

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes sir, making turning lanes out 10 miles to County rd 42(road north to Epping). Traffic will suck, but wont bother me I get paid from the time I leave the house till I get home.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow...didn't hear bout the 1804 east..damn DOT...looks like may have to take the long way to van hook raider...go thru stanley then down on 8...smh...only in williston

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
road construction sux more than about anything, but driving on shitty roads is worse... lets try to take it in stride and in the end we'll a beautiful new road...

fwiw, anyone who runs 1804 a lot will make their time back the first year of having passing lanes through the hills...

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'll be in Williston m-f for the next 3 months or so. Regrading a road north about 30 minutes.
Let me know if anyone wants to grab a beer. Usually back in hotel around 7:30.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll probably see you out there next week V. I'll have to stop by your project and wake up Jeff

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
V, give a pm when you're in town. I'm not opposed to beer. 7:30 is usually past my bedtime but I could make an exception.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 54
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 17