Property Tax Credit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you trying to say that I get or have gotten a "better deal" than you on my property taxes or what ?
if you receive a tax exemption you are getting a " better deal " on property tax than most.

The problem is you stated you " are not interested in paying ANY portion of someone else's property taxes. “ but you appear to be ok to have someone else make up your portion of property tax because you have earned it. " I'm happy with the way my property taxes are spent locally and I am old enough for the homestead credit act so a no vote from me. It's a no brainer in my case. "

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are the biggest liberal minded crybaby I've ever had a conversation with on here. Just because I'm old enough to qualify for a tax break that you aren't old enough to qualify for you are feeling sorry for yourself.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the state does not collect or spend your property taxes. i agree. they have too much money and could give some back. if they want to send it to cities, counties, townships, etc.... i don't care... and direct it be directly used for property tax relief, real property tax relief, fine. but, local control over local taxation paying for local infrastructure and services makes a whole lot more sense than everyone being in the same basket. i want nothing to do with being in the same basket as fargo. and i live in a rural area. i also want as little involvement as possible having to pay for shit even 3 miles away in devils lake.

extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.tax.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/news-center/publications/red-book-2022-online-version.pdf

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This measure mandates the state to fund the existing budget of 2024 indefinitely. So it is still the local government that decides where to spend. If a county decides they want more they have to go to the citizens. Sounds like the same or more local control to me. Also prohibits future taxes to be levied on "value" of property. Which negates the county from driving by every year and adding tens of thousands of dollars to your property value without any justification.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
you appear to be ok to have someone else make up your portion of property tax because you have earned it.

You keep twisting my words , Did I ever say I "earned" my homestead credit ? Nope not ever, I said I qualify and I qualify exactly the same way with the same rules as you qualify for it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You keep twisting my words , Did I ever say I "earned" my homestead credit ? Nope not ever, I said I qualify and I qualify exactly the same way with the same rules as you qualify for it.
you left out " after paying my dues until age 65 " - sounds to me like you feel you have earned it.

I will be in your shoes in a couple years but the difference between you and me is that I want to eliminate it for everyone now while you are ok with it the way it is because you " qualify for it".

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
you left out " after paying my dues until age 65 " - sounds to me like you feel you have earned it.

I will be in your shoes in a couple years but the difference between you and me is that I want to eliminate it for everyone now while you are ok with it the way it is because you " qualify for it".

You keep bring up that I qualify for it , like you don't or something. You need to get past that.
And you keep twisting my words. How many more times do I have to say that I'm ok with it because I'm ok with the way my county is handling the situation and I don't want any more of a part of your county or city problems.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that we got the kamala tax proposal discussed which will never happen just like the other democrats tax proposal that never happened in the Biden administration.

Trump tax proposal is thar we get rid of income taxes and increase import taxes on good that are flooding our market from countries that some American businesses located to after the import taxes were lowered and union wages increased. Trump has also proposed that industry that moves back to the United States will get lower tax incentives which will bring jobs back to the states, I believe this will also help restrict those who are being subsidized by the government for living.

I don't like the idea of abolishing property taxes since in reality it's a matter of personal preference either by one's own doing or by family inheritance to own this land. Property taxes has always been part of the American people way before the government went after our income taxes which is where tax burdens need to be lowered.

Republicans have always been the party that has asked our middle class citizens to pay less in one way or another while the democrats have asked for middle class to pay more that's a fact which is the reason why democrats are willing to take away for the middle class to give to those who refuse to work.
So I like trumps proposal which is what our country used to be self reliant which is why he is make America great again.
Trump doesn't give a fuck about the middle class.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again Trump has been talking about abolishing the department of education which I believe is a waste of tax payer funding which cost the American tax payers in the amount of 224 billion with a B
https://www.usaspending.gov/agency/department-of-education
There is no reason why there needs to be a federal government involvement in state and local education
Same with the federal health care system that is also siphon tax dollars through a middle management system.
None of these federal agencies have any constitutional rigbt to exist and should be canceled or have their authority restricted to the point of mediation purposes.
American people would save trillions with lest federal oversight
Trump has come out and made it his purposes to give the states better authority over state controlled entities. Like health care and education to name a few

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What is great are the people that live in lower tax areas say they don’t benefit from the higher tax areas…funny.

Last edited:

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
Again Trump has been talking about abolishing the department of education which I believe is a waste of tax payer funding which cost the American tax payers in the amount of 224 billion with a B
https://www.usaspending.gov/agency/department-of-education
There is no reason why there needs to be a federal government involvement in state and local education
Same with the federal health care system that is also siphon tax dollars through a middle management system.
None of these federal agencies have any constitutional rigbt to exist and should be canceled or have their authority restricted to the point of mediation purposes.
American people would save trillions with lest federal oversight
Trump has come out and made it his purposes to give the states better authority over state controlled entities. Like health care and education to name a few
You're evidence for needing some sort of standard in education

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
15342.jpeg

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm mind blown there's arguing and disagreement here on this

From what I could tell after reading up on it, this measure won't eliminate property tax. It will reduce it to a tax on your square footage of property regardless of what your home is worth. If my math and understanding is correct, if it passes, my taxes will go from 5,200 to 2,600, and won't go up if someone decides my house is worth double next year.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm mind blown there's arguing and disagreement here on this

From what I could tell after reading up on it, this measure won't eliminate property tax. It will reduce it to a tax on your square footage of property regardless of what your home is worth. If my math and understanding is correct, if it passes, my taxes will go from 5,200 to 2,600, and won't go up if someone decides my house is worth double next year.
I'm so glad you said this. Every time I hear someone say it'll eliminate property tax, I wonder how? I read it the same as you, it just eliminates taxing on assessed value, that doesn't mean they can't tax it some other way such as square footage. As vague as this is and everyone thinks the legislature is going to fix it, The legislature is going to screw us all over harder if this passes.

No vote for me unless someone can show me how this eliminates property tax.

Also everyone wants it just for primary residence, I understand why that is and it makes sense, the problem is, then they'll make the farmland and commercial taxes higher to make up for the money they are losing from primary residence, so thats also a no vote from me as I own land.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No matter how the vote goes, the government will still get half your earnings. They might come straight at you with property taxes, or sneak it in with gas taxes, alcohol taxes, sales taxes, etc...if you work, you will subsidize someone who doesn't. 'Merica!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50