Property Tax Credit

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm mind blown there's arguing and disagreement here on this

From what I could tell after reading up on it, this measure won't eliminate property tax. It will reduce it to a tax on your square footage of property regardless of what your home is worth. If my math and understanding is correct, if it passes, my taxes will go from 5,200 to 2,600, and won't go up if someone decides my house is worth double next year.
so you save $2,600 and everyone else has to pay for it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
the state does not collect or spend your property taxes.

Oddly enough, I opened my estimated property tax statement yesterday and the State's portion was $26.

It went up from $25 last year. And quite honestly, it's the first time I noticed there is a state component in my property tax bill.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of the 65 organizations feed on the public teat using funds directly from the budget, through grants, or other programs that distribute tax payer funds ? what the hell is Minnesota nurses association doing medaling in ND voting issues?

IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0163.jpeg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
i looked at one of the coalition group, the Bis man chamber of commerce and one thing that stood out was the large increase in wages when they went from 13 to 14 employees and the salaries increased over $314,358 in a single year. Just curious how much of that was public money from the state, counties, cities ?

IMG_0164.png

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How many of the 65 organizations feed on the public teat using funds directly from the budget, through grants, or other programs that distribute tax payer funds ? what the hell is Minnesota nurses association doing medaling in ND voting issues?

IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0163.jpeg
They created a list of groups that like to steal tax payer money? How nice of them..atleast we know who they are now. The list also seems to be mostly of groups largely benefiting from us tax payors...

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
got my estimated tax statements and the houses and county portion went up on everything but farm land that decreased. My main house went up 36 percent. m y 900 square foot farm house is now worth 81k

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have not caught the Burleigh County commission meeting from 9/4/24 it is worth watching. Burleigh County commissioners stated they were surprised when tax estimate statements were mailed out and citizens called to complain about increased county taxes as the Commission had earlier stated that they were going to hold the line on 2025 budget. Their explanation was that the State decreased the value (tax amount) on wind farms and ag land across the state. Think about this!! I was a bit suspicious so I contacted a legislator and sure enough it is fact. ND legislature has had 12 years to fix the inequities in real estate taxes (eliminate all of the exemptions they have created) and then have done nothing to effect change. Throwing money at an issue is not the same as attempting a fix. Will be voting yes on measure 4 as 12 years of inaction is long enough. Below is the link and tax discussion starts at the 4 minute mark.

https://dakotamediaaccess.net/CablecastPublicSite/show/10465?site=2

Last edited:

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
so you save $2,600 and everyone else has to pay for it.
Everyone else is better the the small percentage of homeowners. Do you plan on living in moms basement all your life? And don't forget, a lot of that is overspent and not spent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50