Value of used trolling motor

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
300 would be a very good deal. At times I almost wish I had the old co-pilot with the nice little remote.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the details on the motor:

The Motor is 24 volt, Power drive, Auto pilot, SN is MKAE 308343. Another
number is TD-AP /US,74Lb thrust, 60" shaft. It also says CoPilot on it.
It has both remote and foot pedal controls.

Going to take a look at it in a couple days but if it's not all beat up it sounds like $300 is a decent price from what I can find out.

Buy.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
300 is a steal. I was out this weekend and kinda wished i had my old copilot remote. its alot smaller and easier to use than ipilot remote. they make it easy to follow weedlines. unless it is thrashed. 300 is a great price

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to buy a second battery if I buy this motor. Do I need to hook up a charger to each battery or will the charger charge both batteries if one is hooked up? I have a dual bank charger in my boat right now with one free set of wires. If I need to have both batteries hooked up how do I wire them?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
If I was you I would have 1 battery for starting the motor and electronics. Then 2 batteries for the trolling motor

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I wasn't clear. I do have two batteries now, one for starting and one for electronics. I will need a third battery for the 24 volt trolling motor and want to know how to hook them up.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need to hook the 2 batteries up in "series". Basically one trolling motor cable gets the positive connected to one battery, and the negative to the other battery with a jumper cable connecting the two open posts together.

As for the battery charger you need leads to each battery. Hook them up normally, nothing special required for the charger.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone told me that you need two identical batteries and they should be the same age. How important is that? My present deep cycle battery is about 3 years old. Can I just buy one new one the same size and pair it with the old one?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone told me that you need two identical batteries and they should be the same age. How important is that? My present deep cycle battery is about 3 years old. Can I just buy one new one the same size and pair it with the old one?

24-volt-trolling-motor-battery-diagram-i14.jpg

the key to a 24 volt system is your battery is only as strong as the weakest battery. most people will buy two at the same time to help ensure both are at full strength for maximum output and longevity. you also need to make sure they are both the same "series" example 24 or 27 series

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

That is true. You'll substantially decrease the life of your new battery, and you'll just be buying a couple new ones in a short time anyway.

You're getting an absolutely smoking deal on this trolling motor. Buy the thing, and buy two new trolling motor batteries from Wal-Mart and don't look back!

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up the motor yesterday and noticed right away that it also has the built in sonar transducer. Owner didn't have the operators manual and I can see that the sonar plug will not fit my Lorance Elite 7. He said adapters are available but my E-7 has downscanning so I'm not going to use it for that. Does anyone know what fish finders the sonar will work with? I haven't been able to find much information about this motor on the internet.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Do you have your E7 up front or by your steering console?

I personally like a seperate sonar up front that is using the transducer that is on the trolling motor.

Last edited:

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the trolling motor on the bow and the E-7 transducer on the trolling motor. My E-7 is mounted on a small wooden box I built to house a 12 volt battery for power. That way I can move the E-7 around anywhere in the boat that the transducer cord will reach. If I sit up front I set the E-7 next to me where I can see it easily. My old Hummingbird LCR-4-ID is mounted on the console and I just use it as a depth finder for when I'm traveling at speed. The transducer is mounted on the transom. If I could get an adapter for the trolling motor transducer I could see the depth under the boat with the Hummingbird instead of behind the boat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84