Verado issues

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit a wave hard and alarm went off and Engine shut down. It will idle but when I put power to it it shuts down again. Any thoughts? 2012 150 Verrado

E8BEE604-BA2E-4DB3-A663-40F7B7AA469F.jpg

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would unhook the power source for a few mins and see if ut resets it self.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks tried that and it didn’t help

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard of this happening before look under your dash and inspect all the connections going to your smart craft gauges, you will probably find a wire pulled out or hopefully its just a connector that came apart. probably something with the digital throttle system.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Digital throttle issue. You will likely need a diagnostic scan. 1st I'd pull off the throttle off the sidewall and make sure all connections are solid.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Similar issue happened to my partner when we came in during a tourney last year. Rough water/waves and Digital Throttle Control was the issue. The fix was $1800 - yuck!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard of this happening before look under your dash and inspect all the connections going to your smart craft gauges, you will probably find a wire pulled out or hopefully its just a connector that came apart. probably something with the digital throttle system.

to bad it wasnt an evinrude :;:smokin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor had his Lund in up at New Town on Sunday, hit a big wave and it crushed both sides of the boat on the front end.
Never seen anything like it, crushed in several inches like a damn pop can.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Checked the connections on the throttle and the smartcraft and they seemed fine. Taking it to the shop to have someone look at it. Hopefully it isn’t that $1800 fix that’s needed!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Digital throttle issue. You will likely need a diagnostic scan. 1st I'd pull off the throttle off the sidewall and make sure all connections are solid.

You're the winner! I took the throttle off the wall and wiggled the connection and very thing felt tight but issue continued. Took it to a shop and they must have unplugged it and plugged it back in and then it worked fine. Happy it was a easy fix!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor had his Lund in up at New Town on Sunday, hit a big wave and it crushed both sides of the boat on the front end.
Never seen anything like it, crushed in several inches like a damn pop can.

wth????

- - - Updated - - -

pics plz!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
wth????

- - - Updated - - -

pics plz!
I will see if he is outside tonight, as his boat sits in his garage. Both sides pushed in at the water line up to the point.
At first I assumed he had some Kmart special boat, but its a Lund Tyee

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all those new fancy seats, it's not that surprising that people will push a boat to its limit and damage the hull. Back when I lived in GF, I knew of a couple Crestliners with crushed hulls from running too fast on DL. More recently, I know a guy who crushed a Ranger hull (aluminum) a couple years ago fishing the river.

I was on Lake Sak yesterday to test run a pretty new Tracker that my sis and husband bought. We put in at 4 Bears and it was pretty wavy if you went a quarter mile south or rounded the corner up north to go to Antelope Flats, 3+ ft swells were common and they had enough of a frequency to where you could jump one and plow into the next pretty easily. We were running with ordinary post style seats and that helped make sure we didn't beat it to death as every wave was felt all up and down your spine.

Note, while it's been a few years, I've also seen glass boats that were spider web cracked from running across big waves at WOT. I'd hazard a guess that the guys at Gibbons Fiberglass and Boat Repair here in Bismarck would have some real head scratcher stories from what they've seen over the years.

What can I say, some people beat the crap out of their stuff and while it's pretty tough to assign blame without having been there, I was there (Sak) on Sunday and it was an easy day to eff up a boat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74