Weed wackers???

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad has a John Deere weed wacker Starts very easy but not sure if they still make them or not. Stihl would be my 2nd vote if i couldnt get another JD

98% sure the JD is a Echo painted yellow and green. At least it used to be that way.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought the Honda GX35 straight shaft. Starts on first or second pull, no mixing gas, quiet. I have no complaints. I have a fair sized yard so gas is a must. I have the same motor for my auger. Easy decision.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well boys I went with the Stihl fs50ce. It has good reviews so hopefully it holds up to expectation. Thanks for all the input. If Milwaukee had their brushless battery model out right now I would have went with that but they don't so Stihl it is.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an old Echo I bought in 91 or 92? Bought the second spark plug for it yesterday. Only other thing replaced was the primer bulb a few years back and about 5 miles of string.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the stihl combi. Got the weedeater, blower, tiller, hedge cutter (which works awesome for cutting tall grass and brush too), and the pole saw attachment. Motor runs great, little spendy to get the motor part, but all the attachments seem reasonable and take up much less space than having all of that stuff separately.

You guys that are running battery powered/electric weed eaters and lawn mowers, WTF? Has the reflection off the solar panels on your house ever melted a hole in your prius?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was you, I would take the wife shopping for one. Which ever one she likes, that fits her the best, that would be the one to buy! ;:;rofl Do you get where I'm going with this suggestion? :;:smokin ;:;boozer

Do they let you run them in the store? Is it wise to buy the weedeater that vibrates the most?:;:howdy

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the stihl combi. Got the weedeater, blower, tiller, hedge cutter (which works awesome for cutting tall grass and brush too), and the pole saw attachment. Motor runs great, little spendy to get the motor part, but all the attachments seem reasonable and take up much less space than having all of that stuff separately.

You guys that are running battery powered/electric weed eaters and lawn mowers, WTF? Has the reflection off the solar panels on your house ever melted a hole in your prius?

No, I park the Prius in the garage. :cool:

Screw small engines. If they break down it cost as much to fix them as to just replace them. I'm getting away from every small motor I can. When I can't I go 4 stroke.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 120
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49