Well this is going to get interesting

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm curious as to what's going to happen with all the "Veterans" showing up. Nothing like pulling at the heart strings of Americans by uttering the word Veteran. Although I respect the sacrifice these people made for our country, I don't respect them for using a title, one that I share, in the battle for such a polarizing argument. Most of the security is former military. And not just desk jockeys. Of the three that I've met, two were 82nd airborne and one was a SWCC crewman. Those boys are near the top of the badasses.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are plenty of lowlifes that did time in the military - it doesn't automatically make people saints

sure - I respect and appreciate their sacrifices - but they're not all good nuts

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are plenty of lowlifes that did time in the military - it doesn't automatically make people saints

sure - I respect and appreciate their sacrifices - but they're not all good nuts

that is a fact and what blanket parties were for at basic we took care of platoon problems our self

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
tampons haha hippeys dont use tampons they go all natural corn cobs

- - - Updated - - -

I heard a guy caught a state record blue gill once

I heard he caught it way in the back country a couple miles from a prairie road...........:)

- - - Updated - - -

How the eff can you two make it about...you two, all the time.

well any thread over 100 pages one would certainly think we were involved somehow............:)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have worked quite a bit with ex-military folks

they make great field operators cuz they aren't pussies about weather, going without comforts, getting #### done with no excuses, etc.

they've told me about some hairy characters they met in boot camp etc. that they would never turn their back on - steal what isn't nailed down, etc.

sounds like the type that might sign up for some trouble-making - or misguided tree hugger types

also worked on a lot of bases/forts - if you don't take generators and other crap back off base with you it's gone in the morning - on very secure bases - WONDER WHO TOOK IT? Ha ha.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
would a veteran sworn to protect and uphold the constitution go against it?
would they go against fellow servicemen? Policy officers?

this pipeline is going in, no stopping it. So why are they going to this extreme?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have worked quite a bit with ex-military folks

they make great field operators cuz they aren't pussies about weather, going without comforts, getting #### done with no excuses, etc

From my experience it is one extreme or the other absolutely no middle ground there, have worked with some of the best and worst from the military.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member

That is the issue and the concern that this could get way out of hand. The media and all other supporters of the riot are spinning it to make it look like the opposite. People truly believe the First Amendment is being attacked. No freedom speech, no right to assemble, etc..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

this pipeline is going in, no stopping it. So why are they going to this extreme?

thing is you always have cock suckers to deal with no matter where a guy is. We had guys who you could not trust some where in because of court orders and what not. So yes they would turn on you in a heart beat

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
But yep need to just let the bullshit slide when PG brings it into these threads.

And yet again. Like a chick.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

They think they can stop it!!! Seriously!! Their protests have worked .......so far.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it funny that the veterans are going to form a "human sheild" to protect the protesters.....are they not aware nobody is going to remove them from the camp....

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Would be nice if that was true! But until the Standing Rock Council does a press release to all TV, newspapers, etc...., I'm afraid this will not affect anything. I am worried though that those that are there next week and truly do not have adequate shelter are going to be in a world of hurt. I sure hope there are not any (or many) children down there. Having -30 to -40 wind chills will likely lead into someone not making the right decision and freeze or die of carbon monoxide.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it funny that the veterans are going to form a "human sheild" to protect the protesters.....are they not aware nobody is going to remove them from the camp....

The "human shield" is just a ploy, they are going to try to take back that bridge. That bridge is the only way to access the pipeline/Drill site. They have tried crossing by building little bridges but that's still a long walk and they they would have to fight the whole way, and uphill. Plus they get shut down as they cross. Sounds like to me these 2K vets are going to storm the lines at the bridge, that's how it will go down, but it will be reported that they are peaceful and in prayer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14